Chapter 14

Theodore stared at Merlin’s phone as realization hit him like a truck.

But it was something to be celebrated about.

“Rhys has quite the serious daddy issue…Why didn’t I think of that place?”

The picture shown on the screen was a tall, modern building that has a large golden logo of two griffins facing a shield with laurel leaves encircling the emblem and underneath the sign was the name of the company: “Griffins’ Science and Technology Inc.”

The Griffins weren’t just famous for their successful political campaigns, but they were also the leading group in the developments of technology even when the monsters had started invading earth, in fact, their company grew even larger because of the incident and they’d manufactured many devices using monster parts.

Even the ‘Newternet’ or the ‘New Internet’ was created by them.

“It would still be dangerous to barge in.” Merlin put his phone away. “Who knows what sort of things they’re developing in there? I mean, they could easily keep something like a ‘slave collar’ a secret from the world so they might even have magic nuclear warheads.”

“…” Theodore called his attribute window with his thoughts and skimmed through the information on it. His stats at the moment was enough to completely annihilate any dragons he comes across—Well, maybe it won’t be an absolute victory but he could definitely face two young dragons at once.

Then something suddenly came to his mind.

“If I reach level forty, I can evolve.”

“Huh?” Merlin had a horrified look on his face. “Y—You’ll get even bigger than this?”

“Maybe, I mean…There’s a mythical snake that can swallow the world, so that’s not out of the realms of possibility.”

“Wait! But if you get that big…Wouldn’t it be a problem?”

Theodore would’ve shrugged if he could, instead, he tilted his head. “Probably not, I only want Rhys dead, not the entire world, so if ‘that’ serpent shows up in my evolution line I might not pick it.”

Merlin sighed in relief. “Thank god…Please don’t turn evil, Theo.”

He shook his head. “Nah, I would never betray my friend.”

“Just let that be true.”

Theodore snorted before shifting his attention to his own thoughts. 'System.’

[Yes?]

‘Can you tell me how much experience humans give?’

[Your Person Attribute ‘Gaze of Wisdom’ has the sufficient level. I’ll be showing you the estimated Experience Points awakened human yield.]

<<Homo Sapiens (Heroes) EXP

Rank E: 100,000
Rank D: 150,000
Rank C: 250,000
Rank B: 400,000
Rank A: 650,000
Rank S: 1,000,000>>

From what Theo had heard from Merlin, the current highest rank ever discovered was A, so at maximum he could only gain 650,000 EXP from killing the very few high-ranked humans in the world.

‘That’s a stupidly low amount of experience…’

[It is not low by human standards, your requirements are simply set to be high.]

‘Why?’

[Your strength will grow to the point where even the strongest Creatures of the Gate cannot withstand a single flick of your tail. If you gain strength too fast then it puts a burden on the god, who made such a thing possible in the first place.]