Chapter 10

The dragon had spoken in its native tongue, so only Theodore could hear what it was saying since he has the 'All-Speak' attribute, even Merlin with the 'Animal Empathy' skill couldn't understand its words, all that was heard from the dragon were broken growlings that slowly went silent.

[You killed a Red-Scaled Dragon. Gained 1 Million EXP.]

[Level Up! You're now Level 17!]

The ginger frowned as he turned towards him, clearly confused as to why he'd suddenly gone silent. "Theo?"

As his name was called, Theodore would snap out of his bewilderment and look at his friend. He didn't even have time to care about the level he'd gained.

"Ah...I'm okay. What happened anyway? I thought you were supposed to be at school." He decided to think about the dragon's words later since he had a more important matter at hand.

Merlin scratched the back of his head. "I teach 'Hunting' class, remember? I need to demonstrate the techniques so I figured the outer perimeter of Delphi was safe enough..."

Theodore glanced towards the six youngsters still shivering on the ground. "...To think a dragon would show up."

"Teacher!" A familiar voice sounded from behind him as the blonde teenager emerged from the bushes, his face red and sweaty from running. He continued to breathe heavily for a few seconds before his eyes landed on the red-scaled dragon's frozen body. "H—Huh? What's going on?"

"Atlas!" One of the dark-hair male students spoke as he got up, a sigh of relief escaping his bloody lips. "Thank god you're okay! That snake saved us!"

"???" The sandy-haired boy, Atlas, blinked at his friend with confusion. He shook his head with disbelief. "You mean...Mister Snake killed that dragon?"

"Yeah! It was so frickin' awesome! Our teacher has the coolest friend, I'm glad he's on our side!" The raven-hair turned to looked at the snake with a smile before bowing. "Thank you for saving us!"

Normally, Theodore couldn't care less about compliments, when he was still human, he used to be showered with sweet words from people hoping that he would protect them. It'd pretty much become the norm for him.

However, this was a totally different case, for once, those words sounded genuine. "...It's good that no one died." He didn't speak in the human language just yet and instead directed those words at Merlin, who was checking his students' injuries.

"Yeah...These will heal in just a few days or about a week."

When the teenagers had finally calmed down a little, they all turned towards Theodore with a relieved expression on their face. "Thank you, Mister Snake, you saved our lives!"

"His name's Theodore." Merlin suppressed a chuckle as he watched his students surround their savior. "You can pet him if you want."

"Hey!" Theo tried to protest, but it was already too late.

Almost instantly, the four girls of the student group dragged him out of the circle, their combined strength was enough to pull his large body with ease. The boys could only dumbfoundedly stare at their female classmates' sudden burst of power even while they were injured.

"Kya~! Can we really pet him?"

"Awe, his body is so soft!"

"Hey! Let me pet him too!"

Theodore didn't let them touch him for more than a few seconds though, as soon as he found the slightest opening, he used his speed to spring himself out of the trap before crashing into Merlin at full force. "Damn you Merlin! I'll kill you!"