Chapter 58

No one in the room could believe what they'd just heard, especially Merlin and Eugene whose eyes were widened with shock and terror.

But they weren't afraid of Vincent...

Merlin swallowed nervously. 'Theo might be aloof, but his temperament is even worse.'

Eugene have heard a lot of stories from Merlin when Theodore wasn't around, one of them in particular had haunted his dreams for a while after hearing about it in detail. 'Theodore...is really bad at taking provocation...!'

Vincent, unaware of what was going on, let out an arrogant huff after seeing the two awakened's fearful expressions. "There's no need to be afraid, if you surrender quietly then I won't hurt you."

Theodore on the other hand was trying his best to calm his racing heart, it felt like he was suffocating under his own rage. He was silently staring at Vincent with an unreadable expression, it wasn't believing at all to say that he was angry. "...Did you work for Gabriel Griffins before this?"

Even Theodore was surprised that he managed to sound calm.

Vincent tilted his head. "Eh, I guess I can entertain you a bit, yeah, I did work for that old man, what about it?"

"Do you know that your boss is dead?"

"Of course, a god took over his body, or so I've heard." Vincent shrugged, somehow his extended hand was still holding onto his large greatsword, it didn't waver one bit. "So are you just going to stand there and talk? Or are you going to fight me? They all spoke about how great you are so show me!"

Theodore took a deep breath, trying to calm his fastened heart, with his current stats, forget about a coma, Vincent would be dead in a single hit if he doesn't control his strength. "You want to fight me that badly? Fine, have it your way."

[Serpent's Arcane: Venom Blast]

As soon as he finished speaking, a magic circle appeared above Vincent's head and a bolt of pure energy struck down onto him, despite being a weak B rank spell, its force was strong enough to shake the entire room and engulf the area in thick dust.

"Heh, that was barely even a tickle." Vincent's voice rang out as his greatsword sliced through the air, aimed directly at Theodore's neck, the weapon was big and heavy but it'd managed to move extremely fast.

'As expected of an S rank.'

As soon as the sword struck Theodore, Vincent's prideful expression crumbled in an instant, his eyes went round and his mouth fell agape, quivering at how his opponent was looking at him with an ice-like gaze.

Eventually, Vincent looked down onto his weapon—no, it was barely able to be called a viable object at that point, the blade had shattered the instant it made contact with the skin, even the hilt had cracked and began to crumble in his shaking grip.

"That...That was an A plus weapon..."

Theodore sighed. "You have no idea how many people tried to cut me and ended up breaking their swords."

Vincent took a few steps back as he warily eyed him like he was a monster. "But you're just a mage...how can you—"

"You really want to know?" Suddenly, Theodore was standing behind Vincent, who bolted back the moment he'd spoken.

'How did he—'

Theodore didn't even use his magic, that was his raw speed stat at work. "What was the order?"

"H-Huh?"

"There's no way Ra—your boss would order you to come here, sending small fries like you to fight me is just stupid and insulting."