Chapter 74

My apologies for the slow update on this chapter, I've been working on the final few drafts for the ending of this novel!

Technically, this can be considered the last chapter, leaving it as an open-end ending, but I will be posting 3 epilogue chapters to wrap things up better.

Hopefully I can finish them all by next week!

--------------------------------------------------

The impact was jarring, and Theodore felt something in his chest break. Blood trickled from his mouth as searing pain spread throughout his upper body. He glanced at his incapacitated hands and saw tight golden chains constricting his wrists. Panic washed over him as he tried to wriggle free, but the enchanted shackles held firm, refusing to yield to his desperate struggles.

[Warning! The Scales of Balance is tilting towards 'Order'!]

[The Scales of Balance expresses concern over the Executioner of the Wicked's whereabouts.]

[The Judge of Fire believes the Executioner and the Heathen are on Earth.]

[The Sky of the Divine worries about the Scales of Balance's destruction.]

"HAHAHAHA!" Ra bursted into a fit of laughter as a smirk crept up his lips. His triumphant eyes glared at Theodore with its unsettling gleam. The grip around his wrist constricted even more to the point that he couldn't contain his pained cries. He had no choice but to let go of the Void Blade, the sounds of cracking bones rang out from his dominant hand, the relentless vice of the chains pressured him further despite already ridding him of his weapon. "I didn't expect that to work out so well! You are such a fool, serpent. You had all that power, all that strength to kill me, and yet you failed because of your own pride."

Theodore gritted his teeth in frustration. He tried struggling out of the chains once more, but to no avail. His efforts only caused them to tighten further, foiling his attempts at escape. Trying to break them using his serpent form, his plans failed when he realized the chains' mysterious force prevented him from shifting.

"Stop struggling already." Ra stomped down on his head with no remorse, his grin grew wider at the sight of his enemy finally groveling before him. "I happened to acquire these chains from Asgard after managing to break out half of Jörmungandr's divinity. I believe they're called 'Chains of Destiny'. Even that world-ending snake couldn't break through, so I don't think that you could either."

'F*ck.' Theodore could feel his strength leaving him as the seconds passed. No one from the divine world could see what was going on, and they could no longer enter because he'd already filled the capacity with Thoth and Osiris.

He thought he could win with the many abilities that he'd gained. Summoning Fenrir might've been helpful, or perhaps he should've used Equality to gain the upper hand. But instead he opted for a swiffer solution: Kill Ra with the power of chaos.

Reducing the sun god to ashes sounded easy in theory, he simply needed to find the right moment to close in the distance and struck him once with the Void Blade itself. Somehow he'd failed such a simple task. Was he too prideful? Reckless? There were probably hundreds of skill and spell combinations that would have granted him a safe victory, and yet he chose one that's risky with many variables.

'What's wrong with me?' He thought his journey of wrecking everything in his path had made him lax. Foolish. Careless. What was the point of beating himself up in this situation anyway?

[The Effect of the Title 'Odds Conqueror' has activated!]

'Oh?'

[You have temporarily gained the Personal Attribute 'Idol's Voice'!]