Chapter 51

I finally found the time to write this chapter TT. It's been way too long since the last one and I apologize for not keeping ya'll updated. It's just that I have final exams in 2-3 weeks from now so I have to keep my priorities straight.

I will still be writing from time to time, so I'll at least post a chapter whenever I manage to finish one so it keeps the story going.

Sorry again, and thank you for reading and being patient <3

-------------------------------------------------

'...It seems this would be one last evolution.' Theodore thought to himself as he looked around, finding himself in a space of pure darkness.

Apophis had started the power inheriting process after explaining that it would be similar to evolution, and Theofore couldn't help but feel slightly nervous despite having experienced something similar multiple times, but then again, he's about to gain the powers of a god.

'What sort of sh*t did I get myself into…?' He let out a sigh, mostly just to get it out of him even if he knew that there was nothing he could do about it now.

His thoughts would be interrupted once he felt a slight tingling run down his spine, like someone had poured cold water onto his back starting from the nape of his neck. He blinked a few times and suddenly found himself in his snake form.

'Cree…'

The soft sound of something hard scraping against stone rang out from all around him, causing his head to instinctively turn. He couldn't see what was there, yet he knew it was large, this 'thing' moved very slowly, nonchalantly, as if it wasn't afraid of a large monster that was Theodore.

He would've frown if he could, at that moment he had no idea what was going on, but all he knew was the minute fear rising up in his chest; fear of the dark, the unknown, the anticipation that was gnawing at his side for each second that'd passed.

[Apostle of Chaos.]

The sudden voice pulled Theodore out of his trance, he faced the direction of the speaker and found himself staring at a pair of large golden pupils, each eyeball was at least as big as his head.

"Who…Are you Apophis?" He wasn't sure, since instead of hearing her usual calm and feminine voice, the speaker hold 'himself' proudly, his tone cold and seemingly emotionless leaving only a hint of arrogance.

It was his voice.

[Not quite…] The person continued, eyes unblinking. [I am you.]

"Me?"

[Did I stutter?]

Theodore didn't reply, he could feel himself getting annoyed at this guy impersonating him, though he was more angry at the fact that it felt 'real'.

"Okay, sure, let's say you are me. What's going on?"

[Apophis is pouring her power into us.] The eyes flashed green for a moment but it would return to its golden color immediately. [...Our body and mind are changing.]

"Is it going to take long?"

[Who knows.]

"...What exactly are you?"

[You. I am you. What do you want me to say?]

Theodore let out a hiss, akinning to him sighing. "You're not making any sense, how can you be me?"

[Subconscious.]

"You could've just said that at the start." Theodore was about to coil his tail into himself, but would flinch when he realized that he couldn't feel it at all.