Chapter 24

They walked out onto the vast, open field in front of the Delphi Forest, the sun had almost reached the center of the sky, it should be about two to three more hours until noon.

The Griffins’ Science and Technology building was an hour walk from where they were, it’s built close to Stella Academy since it was also meant to be a place students could study more on the gate creatures and how to utilize the new technology in a hunt.

Merlin had finally decided on which bow to use, he picked the fire bow and kept the rest strapped around his back. “I’ll have to let the IHG change the registered weapon for ‘Weapon Summon’ later.”

The IHG, or the ‘International Heroes’ Guild’, was built right after the appearance of monsters; they were mainly responsible for evaluating and recording every Heroes’ information. They also give out services like ‘Skill Exchange’ and ‘Skill Adjustments’, which was what Merlin needed to do.

There were many other guilds as well, such as the 'Hunters Guild' where they would provide the necessary information for hunting monsters, it's also where heroes take their 'quests' and would be rewarded accordingly when they completed it. It's not just the 'Hunters Guild' that does this sort of thing though, but any other names across the globe as well.

Thinking about it made Theodore feel even more grateful that he had the System to take care of everything for him. “Won’t they ask you how you get the weapon though?”

“I’ll just say I found it in a dungeon, no one really cares about dungeons these days.”

“…What if they do?”

Merlin shrugged. “Then I'll have to tell them the truth; my friend gave it to me.”

Eugene let out a huff as he swung the battleaxe around his wrist, he was walking relatively far from the rest of them so they didn’t have to be wary of it suddenly flying into their heads. “Or you can just say you bought it, they really don’t check transactions during this era.”

While money was still important, humanity couldn’t keep worrying about some glitter when their lives were constantly being threatened by monsters.

“…Or that.” Merlin nodded, agreeing with the better idea.

Theodore looked ahead of him and saw the vague silhouettes of tall buildings in the distance, they were getting very close to the main city. He turned to his left and, as he’d expected, the roof of Stella Academy’s castle-like design was poking through the treetops. “We’re really doing this, huh.”

Merlin tilted his head after hearing his best friend whisper. “What do you mean? You were eager to kill just a minute ago.”

“No, I’m not backing down, of course.” Theodore frowned as he looked at the ginger. “It’s just that…I don’t know what I’ll do after I kill Rhys.”

“Oh c’mon, you’re not going to kill him today,” Eugene stopped swinging his axe and strolled closer to them. “It’s the Griffins we’re fighting, they’re not an easy opponent, knowing Rhys, he’ll run like a b*tch when he knows he can’t win.”

Theodore raised an eyebrow. “I doubt he can outrun me.”

“Not literally,” Merlin sighed. “He probably has a secret nuclear bunker in his bedroom or something, who knows what that rich, spoiled ass has up his sleeves.”

Theodore decided not to think about it too much, he’d told himself that he couldn’t care less if it would take him another few years to get his revenge, as long as his target was still alive, he wouldn’t stop until he died a painful death.