Chapter 66

Theodore shot up from his seat and bolted towards the door, opening it, he found two figures standing there waiting for him. They both wore white and gold long tunics with sandals and cloaks draped over a shoulder. The one standing in front had fire-like wings, short blonde hair, and burnt wood eyes, it was easy to tell that this person was Uriel.

Gabriel was the one behind him, he had long and wavy dark hazel hair and gold eyes framed by a pair of rectangular glasses, his wings were the color of storm clouds and overall his appearance radiated the aura of a wise man.

Uriel spoke first after giving Theodore a bright smile. "Hello there! You're the newly appointed executioner, right?"

"Ah...Yes." Theodore reluctantly gave a nod.

Apophis suddenly poked her head through from behind him, she didn't look very happy to see two angels at her doorsteps. "...I thought Eden had this rule where you're not allowed to use the 'Database' for personal reasons?"

The Database is one of the nicknames of the Akashic Records, it essentially holds the universe's knowledge within it and is currently in Eden's care and protection, more specifically, the Angels of Wisdom's absolute authority.

Apophis' domain was located at the far end of the divine world, where not many roam around, it would be impossible for anyone to find where she lives unless they were told specifically...Or used the Akashic Records.

Uriel merely chuckled at the goddess. "This isn't personal matters though, it is work. Now, may I speak with the Executioner?"

Apophis rolled her eyes and waved, as if telling them to do whatever they want. She walked back inside the house and left Theodore with the angels.

Theodore felt uneasy being left alone with the two strangers, but he quickly composed himself and spoke up. "What do you want to talk about?"

Uriel gave him a friendly look, still smiling softly. "I simply thought it would be nice for us to get to know each other, since we'll be working together for a very, very long time."

"Ah...haha..." Theodore nervously chuckled, he had always been bad with introductions and socializing, and at that point, he silently wished that Merlin was standing there with him. "Well, is there something specific you want to know about me?"

'What the heck was that!?' He could only lament to himself about what he'd blurted out in the spur of a moment.

Uriel didn't seem to mind nor notice anything wrong with it though. He turned to Gabriel for a moment before chuckling. "Hm, there isn't anything we don't know about you...The Akashic Records already has enough information."

Theodore wasn't surprised in the slightest, it would be weird if the angels didn't use the Records to research about him considering the fact that he's also a demon king, working among supposed 'natural enemies' without any precautions was definitely reckless. "But...You said you wanted us to get to know each other?"

"Yes," Gabriel was the person to speak this time, his voice was smooth and clear, fitting for an angel, but not his stoic face. "But that was meant for you to ask us about things you perhaps are curious about."

"Oh," Theodore was slightly taken aback, from what he's seen so far, the angels were very friendly with him despite already knowing that he's a demon king. He didn't mind this development either. "The only thing I would want to know right now...is the job requirement."

No one spoke for a solid moment until Uriel broke the silence with a burst of laughter. "Ah, of course, of course! The divine world sort of chose you without giving you any details...Let's see..."