Lost, injured & bad weather (Niall)

Word count: - 1930 words.
-----
Niall's POV

We were having a lot of fun on stage, dancing and jumping around. I thought it was a great idea, but apparently it wasn't.

Since Liam and Louis had just had a waterfight, the stage was a bit slippery. Zayn, Harry and I usually tried our best to avoid being involved, but sometimes we joined in.

As I stepped on the edge of the stage, my foot started to slip. I fell down to a lower stage. My ankle twisted awkwardly when I landed and hurt my knee a little too.

"Niall!" Liam shouted as he ran over to me to see if I was okay. The other boys following close behind.

"You alright? does anything hurt?" Liam inquired as he offered me a hand to help me up. "I'm fine" I responded. But as soon as I stood, I felt pain in my ankle and knee.

"My ankle and knee are hurting a bit tho" I said. "Are you sure you're okay to stay on stage?" Harry asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" I said, "It's probably nothing."

"Why don't you sit down for the rest of the show ok?" Louis suggested. "It's only three songs left. Do you think you can make it through?" Zayn asked. "Yeah, I think so, thanks" I replied with a small smile.

We carried on with the show. I sat by myself and the others were nice enough to join me.

Zayn's POV

After we finished our set, I assisted Niall as he limped off stage. "Does it hurt still?" I enquired as we took each step down the staircase cautiously.

"Yeah, a little" Niall said. "I'll go get some ice. Do you want me to call the doctor?" I asked as I helped him sit down on the couch. Liam placed a pillow on the coffee table for Niall to rest his foot on.

"No, I think it's just twisted or something, no doctor needed" Niall said. So I nodded and left to get some ice for him.

"Do you want to go out tonight or do you want to stay in and rest?" Louis asked Niall. We had intended to go out tonight after the show, but it just didn't feel right without Niall.

"No it's okay, you guys can go. I'll stay here for a while and then head back home" Niall said. "Are you positive? We can drive you home if you want" Harry said kindly. "It's okay, just go have fun!" Niall said as he lay down on the couch.

I told Niall that he could call us if he needed anything and then left to go to Liam's car with the others. I also lent him my car keys so he could drive home by himself, since we took Liam's car.

Niall's POV

I rested for a while backstage at the arena. When I felt better, I decided to head home. The pain was still there when I got up, in fact, my knee and ankle felt worse than before.

I didn't want to bother the boys so I just packed up and limped to Zayn's car without calling them. As I left the arena and the door shut behind me, it dawned on me that I had forgotten the car keys inside.

It was nighttime, the rain was pouring down, there was a strong wind blowing, and I could've sworn I heard some thunder in the distance. The only option was to walk home, as I felt too ashamed to ask anyone for help.

The walk home seemed to take forever. My ankle was swollen and my knee was with pain. The darkness and fog were so thick that I couldn't see anything, not even with the street lights on. I had no idea where I was.

After 15 minutes of walking with a limp, I finally gave up and sat down in the middle of the street. I knew I needed to call somebody for help. I took my phone out of my pocket and tried to turn it on, but it was dead. "Great," I thought. "What am I going to do now?".