Sick but hides it (Zayn) - request

I liked writing this- i just don't know if it turned out good 😭😭.
Anyway hope you like!

Request by: Percyjacksonfan246

Enjoy! <3
Wordcount: ~1440 words.
—————————————————"Let's try that again," Liam said, positioning his mouth closer to the microphone.

When the boys started singing, Zayn realized his voice wasn't sounding the way it used to. He coughed a little and let everyone know he was okay. So they tried again.

"Alright, 3, 2, 1...written in these walls are the stories I can't explain" Louis sung.

Zayn's voice cracked again.

"Sorry," he said, "I don't know what happened. My throat just feels really dry. Maybe we should take a break? I can go get some water or something."

Liam nodded and Zayn made his way off stage to the backstage area where the boys usually hung out between sets. He found a bottle of water and took a sip, but it didn't help. In fact, it made his throat feel even drier. He put the bottle down on the counter and rubbed at his eyes with frustration- this was not how things were supposed to go tonight!

He walked back out onto stage just in time for their next song- but halfway through singing his voice gave out again and he had to stop abruptly before he could finish the line properly . The boys all looked over at him worriedly as Zayn mouthed 'sorry' before making his way off stage once more.

"Zayn, mate are you alright?" Niall asked. "I'm fine!" Zayn quickly reassured him.

Zayn had been feeling ill for the past few days but he didn't want to let his band mates down so he kept it to himself and tried to power through it. He knew that if he told them they would make him go home and rest and they would have to rearrange everything again.

Zayn made it through the rehearsal with no more problems than before. He started to feel nauseous but wasn't sure if it was from the illness or nerves, since the concert was about to start soon.

"Hey, are we ready to take the stage? We got this!" Liam said enthusiastically as he embraced everyone in a group hug. "Wait what? I thought the concert wasn't for another two hours?" Zayn asked confusedly.

"Zayn, you seem really out of it today. Are you sure you're okay? You can still do the show tonight, right?" Harry said all this in one breath.

"Ehm, yeah, of course. I'm totally fine, don't you guys worry" Zayn replied as he rubbed the back of his neck.

The boys didn't seem too convinced, but they had a show to do and not a lot of time so they decided to let it slide and soon the five young boys ran up to the stage, hearing all fans screaming as loud as possible.

"Hello Manchester! How are we feeling tonight?" Harry said to his microphone.

"We missed you!"

The boys smiled as they saw all the happy faces in the crowds and then started with their show. It was as always amazing, leaving the fans wanting more when they finally finished after two hours. The boys were exhausted but happy as they walked of stage, waving one last time to the cheering crowd before disappearing backstage.

Zayn sighed in relief and leaned against a wall, closing his eyes for a moment. He could hear someone coming closer and he opened his eyes again to see Harry standing there, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

"You good?" He asked and Zayn just nodded tiredly. Before Harry could say anything else Zayn felt a wave of nausea hit him like a ton of bricks and he had to sprint to the bathroom.