Drowning (Harry)

Well first of all I wanna thank y'all for 50k+ readers!! This is amazing. Secondly I wanna tell y'all that this is my 100th fic!! Amazing right? Alright now to the story, enjoy! Though i'm not really happy with how this turned out but hope you like reading it! <3

Wordcount: ~1270 words.
Request by @ImmaPerezRuiz
—————————————————
"I've got a great idea!" Niall exclaimed. "Niall, your ideas are terrible" Louis said playfully.

"I would have just said let's go to the beach," Niall rolled his eyes.

"Honestly I don't know" Harry sighed, "I'm still quite exhausted from the concert yesterday".

Actually, Harry was afraid his little secret would be revealed. He doesn't know how to swim and knew his friends would try to get him in the water if they went to beach.

"I'm in" Liam said enthusiastically and Zayn nodded in agreement.

"Alright so it's okay with everyone?" Niall asked to make sure.

"Not me" Harry muttered, barely audible. "Huh, what did you say? You okay baby?" Louis inquired. "No, um, I'm fine"

"Great then we head to the beach!" Niall exclaimed.

The boys all piled into the car and Niall started to drive. It was a hot day and they were all, well most of them, looking forward to getting in the water.

Zayn and Harry were getting some sun on the shore while Liam and Louis were playing volley ball in the water. And niall was somewhere else buying snacks.

"Hey love, you want to join us?" Louis suddenly appeared in Harry's field of vision. He stared at him for a while, completely lost in his thoughts. Louis just stood there, shirtless, his abs on full display, water dripping down his body. The sight was unreal.

"Harry?"

"Oh yeah, uhm sorry Lou, I'm not really in the mood" Harry said. "Nonsense, C'mon it'll be fun!" Louis pleaded.

"Hey guys, I brought some chips!" Niall voiced as he joined his friends.

"Alright, Zayn, Niall, join us playing volley ball in the water, Liam's waiting" Louis said. "Sure!" They said in unison.

"Harry come with us too!" Niall said. "He doesn't want to" Zayn replied. "Oh c'mon Harry it's not that bad. I promise it'll be fun!" Niall attempted to convince his friend to join them.

"See! Listen to Niall" Louis said.

Harry sighed, he really didn't want to but he couldn't handle the pressure his friends unknowingly put on him. "Uh, fine".

-

Harry nervously waded into the water slowly while his friends waited for him further in.

Every possible thought went through his head as he waded. He just really didn't want his friends to know he can't swim, it's so embarassing!

He finally reached his friends and the boys started playing volley ball. "Liam! Catch this!" Niall said as he threw the ball, but Zayn managed to get to it first.

The boys were so absorbed in their play that they didn't realize how quickly time was passing.

"Harry this is for you!" Louis said as he threw the ball towards him.

"Uhm-...guys..." Niall said hesitantly. "Yeah?" Liam asked. In response, Niall pointed to a body floating near them.

Harry was completely unconscious and still, his body lifeless.

"HARRY?!" Louis shouted and ran to Harry. The rest behind him. Louis was going into full panic mode and had no idea what to do.

"Let's get him to the shore!" Zayn shouted.

They all helped to carry Harry towards the shore. When they got there they laid Harry down, Niall and Liam started CPR while Zayn tried to find a pulse.

"He's not breathing!" Niall shouted. He was now calling for an ambulance.

Louis felt like he was going to faint. He had never been so scared in his life. He didn't know what was happening, but he knew that Harry was dying right in front of him.

Suddenly, Harry gasped for air and started coughing up water. The relief that Louis felt was overwhelming, he was just so glad his boyfriend isn't dead.

"W-wha- what's ha- hap-" Harry had difficulty speaking. "Shh baby it's alright, you'll be okay, the paramedics are in their way" Louis soothed as he gently caressed Harry's cheek.

Harry closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before he spoke again. "I love y- you, Lou"

"I love you too, please stay awake for me now" Louis whispered.

"Alright love doves we're still here" Niall called out.

Harry's eyes flickered open and he attempted to give Niall a smile before his eyes closed again and he lost consciousness.

"Harry no! Stay awake please, help is on the way" Louis begged but no response was heard.

"What's taking the paramedics so long?" Zayn said, sounding frustated. "Oh look, there they are," Liam said as he saw two medics running towards them.

"We need to move him onto the stretcher," one of them said after checking him.

They gently placed Harry on the stretcher and began wheeling him towards the ambulance. Louis was close behind, running alongside them.

"I'll ride in the ambulance with him, you guys go ahead," Louis said as he jumped into the back of the ambulance with Harry.

The rest of the band went to the hospital with Niall's car.

"Oh harry please wake up baby, I'm so sorry this is all my fault!" Louis blamed himself. He felt guilty for pressuring Harry to go in the water. He almost driwned because of him and he'd never forgive himself if that happened.

Once the ambulance arrived at the hospital the paramedics took him to the ER and placed him on a hospital bed and doctors took over. He was still unconscious and there didn't seem to be any change.

Louis had to join his friends in the waiting room.

After hours if waiting a doctor approached them. "Hello I am Dr. Ling and you are Mr. Styles's friends right? Good. Harry is alright, he'll make a full recovery. He's still out of it but he should wake up soon. However, when he almost drowned his lugns caught up a lot of water so we have to keep an eye on him for a while" the doctor told them.

"When can we see him?" Liam asked. "Now if you'd like, but please don't make much noise, as said, he's still out of it" Dr. Ling replied.

The boys were led to Harry's room where they saw him lying in the bed with all sorts of tubes and machines hooked up to him. He looked so pale and weak, nothing like the Harry they knew.

They each took a seat on either side of the bed, Louis taking Harry's hand in his. They stayed there for hours, not saying anything but simply sitting with him and holding his hand.

Suddenly Harry's eyes slowly flickered open, he looked around, everything was so bright and blurry. Then he heard the beeping sounds and he felt his heart rate raising.

"Whe- re- m I" Harry slurred. "Harry!" Louis shoted, catching everyone's attention. "L-Lou" Harry tried.

"Shhh baby shh, easy now" Louis cooed. "You're in the hospital Haz, you almost drowned" Niall told.

"I- I only r- remember wading s- slowly into the water where you a- all were waiting and then b- black" Harry spoke. "I'm tired" he added.

"It's okay buddy, you can rest now" Liam said. "We should probably leave, he needs his rest" Zayn said and everyone agreed.

"I'll stay here" Louis protested.

"Alright, we'll call later" Niall said as they left the room. "Bye! Take good care of our Haz".

"Of course always" Louis assured.

Louis just sat there, watching his boyfriend peacfully sleep in his hospital bed. He soflty caressed Harry's cheek and then ran his fingers through Harry's curls.

About 4 days later Harry was finally discharged from the hospital and he felt much better. He had not completely recovered yet but his friends was there to take care of him until he was.