Drowning (Niall)

Idk this is quite random but hope you like! <3

Wordcount: ~1240 words.
—————————————————
The boys happened to have a day off and decided to spend it by having a day at the pool.

"Pass the ball Ni!" Louis exclaimed as he ran towards Liam where Niall was next to him holding the ball while they were playing some kind of beach ball game. Zayn and Harry were lying on their own sunbeds sunbathing.

"In your dreams!" Niall said and ran past Louis to throw the ball into his goal. "GOAL!" Niall yelled as the ball hit the goal lines. "Good game Ni!" Liam said as he accepted his defeat. "New round!" Louis demanded. "Lou, sometimes you just have to accept defeat. You can't always win" Liam said a bit teasingly and patted Louis on the shoulder a little as he passed.

"Ugh fine!" Louis finally accepted that Niall won. The boys took a short break and went inside to eat lunch. Later they returned to the pool.

The boys had a great time playing all kinds of games and running around by the pool. Suddenly, everything happened so fast, Niall slipped and fell into the pool. "Niall!" Zayn yelled. "Niall!" Harry also screamed and jumped into the pool to get Niall when he noticed that he was unconscious.

"Okay, gently put him there" Liam said pointing to a spot and crouched fown to see if Niall was breathing. "He's not breathing! CPR must be started now!" Liam said hastily and took action.

Everyone watched in horror as Liam did CPR Niall. "C'mon Niall!" Liam said as he was working on him. "Lou, Harry or Zayn can any of you keep going?" Liam asked, quite tired from all the pumping. "I can!" Louis replied, switching places with Liam.

The boys started to lose faith, but after about 10 minutes of CPR, Niall's pulse could be felt again. It was weak but it was there.

After a while, Niall started to wake up and coughed a lot of water out of his body. "Welcome back to the world buddy" Liam said with a smile. "Oh my god you scared us" Zayn said. "W- What happened?" Niall asked confused as he looked around. "You slipped, hit your head and fell into the pool unconscious so you were about to drown and die but with CPR we got you back" Harry explained shortly but it just made Niall even more confused.

Niall wasn't really himself after that drowning. He must have been quite scared himself. "Come on, I'll help you rest. You look like you need some rest" Harry said helping Niall up and then taking him to his own room.

"Harry? Can I ask you to bring one thing?" Niall asked with puppy dog ​​eyes. "Sure, whatever you want," Harry replied politely. "Could you bring me a cup of tea?" Niall asked cautiously, he didn't like asking people for anything but he didn't have the energy to go anywhere himself right now. "Of course I will Niall, just rest here" Harry said and put on a blanket on Niall.

After a while Harry brought tea to Niall and Niall thanked him profusely. Harry then went to the others to let Niall rest.

"How is he?" Louis asked worriedly. "He's alright I guess, he looked quite tired but otherwise okay" Harry replied. However, the boys were still worried even though there was no longer any danger to life.

~ the next day ~

Today everyone was already in a better mood. Liam and Harry were making breakfast together when Niall came half asleep to the kitchen.

"Hey buddy. How are you feeling?" Liam asked. "Fine, I guess" Niall replied. "Tell us right away if you start to feel bad or if other symptoms appear, okay Niall?" Harry joined the conversation. "I promise" Niall said and sat down in the chair.

It wasn't long until Louis and Zayn woke up too. They came to the kitchen and pretty quickly after that the breakfast was ready so the boys sat down at the table and everyone started eating.

Niall was known for eating a lot, sometimes he even ate other people's portions. Today he ate almost nothing, and this worried his friends. "Niall are you okay?" Harry asked. "Yeah, I'm not that hungry" Niall answered and put his dishes in the dishwasher and left for his room.

The boys shared worried looks, Niall wasn't himself at all. "Should we take him to the doctor?" Zayn asked. "Let's keep an eye on him and if this behavior continues for a long time, we'll see then" Liam replied as he watched Niall go to his room.

"Alright! has everyone eaten?" Harry asked as he got up. As everyone answered yes, Harry also took the others' plates and put them in the dishwasher. "Thank you dear" Louis said and gave a small kiss on the cheek which made Harry blush.

The boys decided to spend their last day off watching TV. That is, by watching movies on netflix and lazing on the sofa with snacks. "I'm worried about Niall, I'm going to see how he is doing" Harry said and left to go to Niall's room. "Hey, sorry to bother you, I just came to see how you were doing" Harry said as he came in. "Oh- hey, you don't bother me" Niall said. "You sound sad, are you sure everything is fine?" Harry asked.

"Well...can I tell something? With trust...I wouldn't want others to know yet" Niall started to open up. Harry nodded and told him that he could always count on him no matter what.

"When I almost drowned the other day I saw something - a bit like a nightmare. Then when I woke up and saw you all there I was so relieved that it was just some weird dream or something. But the problem is that every time I see water, or you or any of the others, the same dream comes to mind...it feels a bit like it's a vision that'll come true and it was just a warning- and I don't want it- I know I sound stupid, I just can't help it" Niall explained everything and made Harry speechless.

"Wow Niall, I don't know what to say! I believe you. But I'm sure it won't happen if it was something bad. I'm sure because I make sure nothing bad happens to you or anyone else. We always keep each other's sides no matter what happens" Harry said to comfort Niall even though he himself didn't really know what he was explaining. "And I understand that that dream might come to mind when you see things that remind you of it. But remember that we, we are real. And that, was just a dream, it doesn't always have to mean something. Believe me?" Harry continued. "Thank you Harry, it was a relief to open up. And this morning I just felt a little ill, so I didn't feel like eating" Niall said. "Are you still?" Harry asked, "No, I'm fine now. I still feel a little sore in my lungs, but otherwise I'm okay" Niall answered.

"Do you want to come watch movies with us or do you want to rest? Harry asked. Niall decided to go watch movies with the others for a while, but he still got tired quite easily and fell asleep in Liam's arms which made the others chuckle since he was so cute when he was asleep.

The following days went quite normally. For about a week, Niall was easily tired and couldn't quite keep up at a normal pace, but after that everything was fine and the work continued as normal.
—————————————————
Liked it?