Sad (Niall)

Backstory:
Niall is blamed for Zayn's leaving.

Requested by: @CarefreeMofo1D952

Wordcount: ~1470 words.
Enjoy! <3
—————————————————
Zayn had just left the band and of course everyone was upset. Everything had changed, nothing was the same anymore.

The boys had a couple days off before they had to work full on again.

"Could you hand me the remote control?" Niall asked, Liam just looked at him accusingly. "What?" Niall inquired, confused as to why Liam looked at him like that. Then Liam just sighed and got up from the sofa and went to his bedroom.

Niall was confused and decided to go ask Louis and Harry if they know why Liam was like that.

"Hey uhm, have you guys any idea why Liam is mad at me?" He asked as he had opened their bedroom door, after knocking first. "Uhm, no but we're a bit busy right now so..." Louis replied.

"What do you mean busy? You're literally both laying in bed doing nothing" Niall said. He was confused because he'd have noticed if they actually were busy. "Well, we're uhm...watching a movie, yeah" Harry told him. But Niall didn't buy it. Why were they also mad at him?

"I mean if so, you could've asked if I wanted to watch too" Niall muttered, in a whisper tone so they wouldn't hear. He looked at Harry and Louis for a while anf then decided to leave, no use to get any information from them anyway.

He went back to the couch and turned on the TV. 'What have I done? Why are they mad at me?' thoughts like this were running through Niall's head all the time, he couldn't even focus on the TV.

An hour later, Niall found Liam in the hallway putting on his outdoor clothes. "Where are you going?" Niall asked. Liam didn't answer again and just left slamming the doors. This time Niall didn't give in and just got up from the couch and went after Liam. "Hey! Liam! Stop! It looks like we need to talk" he said.

Liam stopped in his tracks for a moment and asked "what do you want?" irritably. Why are you angry? Have I offended you somehow? Or are you just in a bad mood...because of Zayn?" Niall tried to ask. "Think" Liam said and continued walking.

Niall went back home, when he opened the door he saw Harry and Louis on the sofa laughing uncontrollably. "Hey what's so funny?" Niall asked as he approached them.

Harry gave a sympathetic look but Louis looked at Niall accusingly. Niall saw when Harry whispered something to Louis and then Louis said "sorry mate, it already went". And there wouldn't have been anything strange about it, but with the tone of how Louis said it, it didn't seem nice.

Moments after that, Liam came home. He didn't even look at Niall and went straight to the couch. "Hey guys, what are you looking at?" Liam said as he sat down next to Harry. "Funny animal videos" Louis answered and pointed to the TV.

Niall stood there for a moment watching how his friends were like he wasn't even there. "Alright, you won" Niall said, holding back tears, and went to his room.

In his room, he immediately went to the unmade bed, face buried to his pillow. Niall just didn't understand why they were acting like that. If he even knew the reason, he could somehow try to fix the situation.

"Don't you think we are a bit too harsh on him?" Harry broke the silence in the living room. "What do you mean? It was all his fault, Zayn left because of him!" Liam said sternly. "Are you sure though? Maybe we should ask Zayn about the situation first" Harry said. "Well you can try but I doubt he'll answer" Louis joined.

The next day, Harry started to worry when he hadn't seen Niall come out of his room even once. He decided that he would go and see if he was okay, after all they are like brothers no matter what.

"Hey, can I come in?" Harry asked as he knocked gently. "What are you doing? If he wants to wallow in self-pity, let him" Liam said as he walked past. "What's that supposed to mean? We are those who are being mean to him, I just wanted to check if he's alright" Harry said, becoming a bit annoyed himself on this behaviour. "Fine, you do you I guess" Liam said and left to go to his own room.

Since Niall didn't answer Harry assumed he was asleep and went to the kitchen to make som lunch. But he couldn't stop thinking about Niall, what if something has happened, like he has fell and hit his head or something. So Harry decided to go back and he opened the door quietly. It was dark in the room.

"Hey, Niall. I'm sorry. You ok?" Harry said as he approached Niall, seeing he was awake. It was a moment before either of them said anything until Harry heard a sob. "Are you crying?" he asked. "N-No".

"Hey, would you like to chat? I'm really sorry for how we've behaved. It's been really stupid of us" Harry said, feeling sympathy.

Harry was about to explain why they were behaving that way but before he did, he turned on the lights and was shocked by the sight. "Niall..."

The floor was full of tissues and other rubbish. The bedside table was full of some pills and more tissues and everything was a mess. Harry looked to see what the pills were and as he suspected, they were sleeping pills. "You didn't take more than one of these, Niall? Right?". Niall shook his head, "No, I didn't even take one, I couldn't get it down when I-I was so busy crying" and then he started sobbing again.

"Hey, come here" Harry said as he let Niall hug him and cry onto his chest. Harry rubbed Niall's back comfortingly. "So what happened?" Harry asked a little moment later.

"What happened? What happened?! Well you tell me because I have no idea! I have no idea why you all are so ignorant towards me, it didn't feel quite nice so when I got to my room I started crying, and I cried all night, the crying even made me nauseous and I had to throw up once. I haven's slept even one minute!" Niall explained fastly and his sobs increased and breathing got faster.

"Hey hey hey, easy Ni. I don't even know what to say, we didn't mean to get to this point. They said it was your fault that Zayn left, I know it's not. But I think it's when you're sad about something, sometimes you just target someone near a bit more even if you don't mean it really" Harry explained. Niall looked at Harry in the eyes and as he saw Niall's eyes he felt so bad. "I'm so sorry Niall" Harry said as he hugged him tightly.

When Niall had calmed down, Harry noticed that he had fallen asleep. So then Harry went over to Louis and Liam to talk to them. He told about Niall and everything else. Louis and Liam also felt bad now. They didn't mean to hurt Niall even though they were angry.

Later that day Harry helped to clean Niall's room while Louis and Liam were apologizing. "Need the toilet real quick" Niall said as he got up from his bed, to his suprise though, he got very lightheaded when he stood up and Harry had to catch him as he swayed a little. "Woah there, you alright buddy?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, just got a little bit dizzy, maybe I stood up a bit too fast or I'm dehydrated from all the crying for hours" Niall said and then went to the toilet.

"Niall we're so sorry, can you please forgive us" Liam said as Niall exited the bathroom. "Pretty please?" Louis asked as he blinked a few times with his 'puppy eyes'. Niall chuckled a little, "okay, on two conditions. One, you take me to Nando's tomorrow after work and you pay. Two, don't ever be mad at me again without telling me why".

"Yes sir! whatever you say and want" Louis said. "You feeling better?" Harry asked and Niall nodded.

Everything was going to the better now, they learned from their mistakes and everything was back to normal. The boys were being best friends/brothers again and decided to do a movie marathon.
—————————————————
The ending is maybe a bit clammy/boring, but for the main parts, I think this story is okay. Of course, I don't know if this is exactly what the one who requested it was hoping for, but hopefully something close at least!

Thank you for reading!