Sunstroke (Liam)

Wordcount: 1100 words.
Enjoy!
————————————————The boys had been staying in a cozy apartment in the heart of the city for the past few weeks as they had rented it. The walls were painted a warm shade of cream, and the furniture was modern and comfortable. From the balcony, they could see the hustle and bustle of the streets below.

At this very moment the boys were sitting on the couch all huddled together with a lot of pillows and blankets. They were watching some animated movie. However, the film in question was just ending.

"I'm going to see if we have anything to eat for tonight" Louis said as he got up as the end credits appeared on the screen. He wandered to the kitchen and scanned the fridge. "Uhm guys, I think we should go to the grocery store, all we have is some juice and tomatoes" Louis told the others, who were still on the couch.

"I'm too lazy to go anywhere today" Liam whined. "Honestly, me too, but someone probably has to, so I can go" Harry said, "I'll come along, I need some fresh air" Zayn announced. "Count me in!" Louis said.

"So we're all going except Liam?" Niall asked, "are you sure you don't want to join?" He turned his gaze directly to Liam. "Yeah, it's fine. If I change my mind I can just join you guys later, right?" Liam assured.

The others went to the town to the grocery store and Liam stayed at home to get some needed rest.

Liam's POV

It felt a little selfish to stay home alone, but this peace was needed. For once I could just sit in silence and enjoy.

I looked outside and decided that the weather was good enough, so I went to sit on the sofa on the balcony. I sat there scrolling through my phone for a while and saw a message from Louis, "We were thinking of going to a coffee shop nearby, do you want to come along?" and I replied to him that they can go without me this time, I'm having a good time here right now. He sent a thumbs up emoji back.

I got a notification on my phone that it has low battery, so I went inside and put it into the charger and then went back to the balcony.

As I leaned against the railing, enjoying the cool breeze and the view, I heard a faint click. Suddenly, I realized that the door behind me had shut and locked, and I was trapped outside on the balcony. "Fuck" I cursed.

Well, I thought I'd chill on the couch sunbathing until the others came back. 

Then the realization hit me like a brick when I realized that the curtains were closed and no sound could be heard through the doors or windows. What am I supposed to do now?

Hours passed and I started to feel a bit nausous.

Third person POV

As Liam realized that he was trapped on the balcony, his heart started to race. He tried the door again, but it wouldn't budge. He could feel his palms getting sweaty and his breathing becoming shallow.

He started to feel the heat of the sun bearing down on him. He could feel his skin starting to burn, and he knew he was in trouble. He tried to find some shade, but there was none to be found.

He looked around for something to help him get back inside. He spotted a nearby ladder, but it was just out of reach. He tried calling out for help, but the curtains were drawn and no one could hear him. He started to feel a sense of panic rising in his chest.

As the hours passed, Liam's anxiety turned into nausea. His head was pounding, and he felt like he was going to be sick. He tried to stay calm and focused, but it was getting harder and harder. He could feel his body temperature rising, and he started to feel delirious. He could hear the sound of the wind and the distant hum of traffic, but it only made him feel more isolated.

Finally, he heard the sound of the others returning. He called out to them, but his voice was weak and hoarse. He could hear them talking and laughing, but they didn't seem to hear him. He started to feel like he was going to pass out. He could barely stand up, and he felt like he was going to collapse.

Just as he was about to give up hope, he heard the sound of a key turning in the lock. The door opened, and the others rushed out to help him. He felt a wave of relief wash over him as he stumbled back inside.

"Woah woah easy bud, are you okay?" Louis asked as he catched Liam. Liam couldn't hear the words properly, everything sounded muffled and his vison was blurry. "I'm so sorry we didn't notice earlier you were locked in there" Niall said in sympathy.

Once he was back inside, Liam collapsed onto the couch. He was sweating profusely, and he felt like he was going to pass out. He knew he needed to get some water and rest, but he was too weak to move or say anything. "Lay there" Harry helped him lay down on the couch, "Zayn could you go get a glass of water please?" He added and Zayn obeyed.

Not many minutes later Zayn came back with the water and gave it to Liam to drink it. "What's going on?" Liam managed to ask after a while even tho everything was still a bit of a blur to him. "I think you had a sunstroke, or something like that" Louis told.

Liam was grateful for his friends' help. He felt terrible for worrying them, but he was glad they were there for him. He took a sip of water and tried to sit up, but he felt too weak. He closed his eyes and tried to steady his breathing.

"Maybe you should take a cold shower, to get the heat innyour body down" Niall suggested. "Maybe that will help." The others agreed, and they helped Liam up and led him to the shower. The cool water felt refreshing on his skin, and he started to feel a little better after the shower.

"Thanks, guys," Liam said weakly. "I'm sorry for causing such a fuss."

"Don't worry about it," Harry said. "We're just glad you're okay."

"Yeah, we were worried sick," Zayn added.

Liam smiled weakly and leaned back against the wall. He knew he had to be more careful in the future. He didn't want to worry his friends like that again.

—————————————————
Alright buddies, tell me what you thought of this? I got a bit help for this now that im not able to write myself bcs of my mental health issues- i mean most of the story is written by myself but ive gotten a bit help for the structure of it from an ai. Hope you still liked it!