Sick during signings (Louis)

Request by: @outofellassystem

Wordcount: ~1300 words.
Hope you like!
—————————————————

The boys were in the middle of their tour and they had a lot of signings and promos to do. Everything was going well until the oldest catched a cold.

Louis's POV

One random day I just woke up with a bad headache and it was the worst timing because we were just in the busiest part of our tour this year.

Right now I was having a battle with my stomach in the bathroom in our tourbus. "Hey, you ok in there? What's taking so long?" I heard Niall said as he knocked on the door. "Sorry Ni, probably ate something bad yesterday" I lied.

I sat there and tried to shake off the bad headache and nausea that was bothering me. After a few minutes I splashed some water on my face before leaving to go eat some breakfast in the kitchenette.

I noticed the other boys giving me weird looks while eating. "What?" I asked. "You sure you're ok baby? You look a little pale" Harry said. "Mhm" I nodded and then took a sip from my tea.

After our breakfast we had to hurry to the studio to do some promo for an upcoming musicvideo. Apart from my sneezes and coughs the car ride to the studio was pretty silent.

The day went on normally and the boys didn't really suspect anything until I was feeling the worst at the evening. I was sweating a lot and I felt too weak to even stand up.

"Woah Louis easy there, take a seat. You don't look like you're doing well" Liam said. "Yeah Louis, we've been worried about you all day. What's wrong?" Zayn added. Now I knew there was no point in lying to them anymore, they wouldn't believe it when I looked like this. So I sat down and explained to them that I felt really sick and also my allergies were cathing up a bit.

Harry run up to me and hugged me. "Baby you should have told us!" He said. "Sorry sweetheart, I didn't want to ruin y'alls day" I admitted.

"Louis stop right there. You wouldn't have ruined it. But now, we have signings tomorrow, we should ask if we can postpone it...I'm afraid our boss won't let us" Liam said as he gave me a worried look. "I'll do it!" Zayn said as he left to go talk to him, Harry and Niall went too.

"We need to check your temperature" Liam said as he went to check for the first aid kit where we keep all stuff for if we get sick or injured. I let Liam take my temperature and turned out it was 37.5°C (99.5°F) so not too bad but we don't want it to rise.

"Bud you need rest now, I'll drive you home and we'll take care of the rest today, yeah?" Liam said and I didn't have another choice than to do as he says. So he drove me home and the boys did all the rest work for today and talked with our boss.

I was taking a nap until I suddenly got woken up by my phone ringing. I sleepily pick up the phone, "what?" I say a bit drowsy. "Hey it's Liam. I'm sorry but they won't let us postpone the signings tomorrow. They can shorten it with half an hour tho" he explained. "Ugh alright it's okay" I said and hang up and then continued sleeping.

Harry's POV

We came home pretty late today after work but I was happy to see Louis was resting. He seemed so peaceful when he was asleep.

I was just getting myself ready to bed in the bathroom but then I suddenly hear Louis coughing. "You okay baby?" I asked from the bathroom. "Oh hey Haz, you're home! Yeah I'm good" he replied. Which didn't sound convincing.

I left the bathroom and he was trying to get up but seemed to have trouble with it. "Hey hey, easy, dizzy? Yeah? Go lay down. What do you need? I'll bring it to you" I said as I helped him back to bed.

He said he wanted something to drink but not water so I went to the kitchenette to make some tea for him but when I was about to give it to him I noticed he was asleep already. I was just worried for tomorrow, he is gonna be sick during the signings.

I went to sleep and the morning came faster than I thought.

I woke up to out alarm going off at 6am. First thing I did was to check on Louis. "Hey love, how are you feeling?" I asked as I played with some of his hair. "Are we in heaven? Because I'm seeing an angel right now" he quiered which made me chuckle. "Yes we are because I am seeing another one" I replied.

"Jokes aside, we need to get up to get ready for work today" I said. "Do we have toooo?" He whined cutely. "Sorry" I said as I got up. Then I helped Louis out of the bed, he seemed to be a bit better luckily.

I checked his temperature and it was the same as yesterday, at least it hadn't rised. "Hey Lou, how are you feeling?" Liam asked as he saw me enter the kitchenette. "You look better than yesterday" Zayn added. "To be honest, I feel worse than yesterdsy but it's okay, I'll survive" Louis said and sat down next to me.

"If at anypoint you feel like you need a break, you tell us ok?" Niall said. "Yeah yeah, I promise!" Louis said and then we went to the signings when we all were ready.

During the singnings I was keeping an eye on Louis, he seemed to be okay at the start and halfway but then things were going down. He was coughing and sneezing a lot, had to excuse himself to go to the bathroom several times. I was getting worried, hopefully his cold wasn't getting worse.

After like the sevent time Louis had ran to the bathroom I went after him. "Louis you can't keep it up like this, fans are getting worried!" I said as I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Well what am I supposed to do then?! Stay there and throw up on people, that wouldn't worry them then?!" He responded. "No! I mean- of course not but we need to do something before you'll need hospital care, have you taken any medicine?" I inquired, then he opened the door and let me in. "No" he said with teary eyes.

"Hey hey, it's okay baby don't worry, shh it's gonna be okay" I said and hugged him as soon as I saw the tears in his eyes. "I'll help you take some medicine and we'll go finish the signings. Then after that I'll take care of you at home. I tell the other boys to help you get some days off, you clearly need it" I explained to him and he agreed.

Luckily the medicine seemed to help him a bit and the rest of the signings went smoothly. After that we called for Paul to help us or at least Louis to get some days off so he can rest and get rid of the cold.

In the car ride while Liam, Zayn and Niall was playing fifa on the playstation and I was scrolling through my phone Louis had fallen asleep in my arms.

The next day he already got better and and only was going to the better the next few days after that too! I was just glad it wasn't any more serious than just a cold that could be treated at home included with a lot of rest. Louis was thankful for that too and of course everyone else as well.
—————————————————
Sorry for the boring ending, I'm really busy right now and I wrote this in kind of a rush so im sorry but I hope you liked it! <3