Scared of dentist (Louis/Larry)

Request by: anonymous

I changed the plot a little bit because I just couldn't write it otherwise. I hope it's okay and you still like it anyways <3.

Btw here's only Louis & Harry.

Wordcount: ~1590 words.
—————————————————
Louis's POV

I've been having this bad tootache for a week now and it was getting worse and worse by the time that went. I didn't know how much longer I could hide it. But I was doing anything to not have to go the dentist.

"What's wrong babe?" Harry asked as he walked past the livingroom where he saw me on the sofa. "Nothing, why?" I asked curiously like I didn't know the answer. "You're holding your cheek?" He quiered and approached me. "Oh- uhm...I- It's just a bit sore, J think I slept in a weird position" I said and quickly removed my hand. Harry seemed sceptical but eventually believed me luckily.

"Okay hun, tell me if you need anything. I'm heading off grocery shopping. You don't wanna join huh?" He asked and I shooked my head as I waved goodbye. He knew that I hated grocery shopping so often he didn't even ask if I want to join.

As soon as I was sure he left I grabbed my phone to google 'how to get rid of toothache at home?' And well I found some ways.

1. Saltwater rinse
2. Cold compress
3. Peppermint tea bags
4. Garlic
5. Vanilla extract
6. Guava leaves

Well we only have 3 of these at home so I text Harry to get me the rest. 'What do you need guava leaves for?!' He sent back. 'Uhm- it's for a surprise, I'm gonna bake something- or uhm a smoothie thing. You'll see' I respondes and he sent an thumbs up emoji to which I chuckled a little.

So first I tried the saltwater thing, I put a teaspoon of salt in a glass and then some water and mixed it. I waited a few moments after I had "washed" my mouth with the saltwater but it did not seem to help at all. So I tried the next one possible.

I took an ice pack from the freezer and held it against my cheek. Somehow this helped but only for a short moment before it got too cold and it started hurting again.

Just when I slumped back in the sofa I noticed Harry coming in with the grocery bags. "Hey love, did you buy a whole isle or why do you come home with like four full bags?!" I asked him curiously as I went there to help him with the bags. "Kinda, I bought a new shelf too!" He said excitedly. I gave him a bit of a questioning look.

"You did what? Harry just why? I mean, where are you gonna pu-" I was ranting until he sushed me. "Hey, listen. The shelf is not big, and we can put it in the livingroom against that wall there, I promise you'll like it. And now, I want to do something with you but we'll need a bed for that" He started saying and I knew immediately what he wanted.

I couldn't say no to that puppy face but my toothache were so bad that it sas giving me headaches and I even felt a bit feverish. I stayed quiet and let Harry drag me to the bedroom.

He was laying on me and I wasn't feeling well at all. "Harry I-...sorry. I can't do this right now, I'm sorry" I said as we changed to a sitting position, both sat next to each other on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong love?" Harry asked.

"You'll laugh because I sound so serious right now but it ain't that serious" I started by saying. "Well tell me and we'll see, I just want you to be okay?" Harry said and I nodded. I picked a bit on my nails before breaking the akward silence. "Okay so I've been having this tootache for a week now and it's getting worse but- I beg you, please don't make me go to the dentist, Harry please!" I begged with tears.

"Aww baby come here" he said as he scooped me into a hug. "I know you don't like dentists but they'll only help you, they'll help you to get rid of your tootache- and by the way you should have told me earlier, next time you tell me immediately okay?" He said and I nodded as I gave him a humble look.

The next day arrived sooner than expected.

Harry's POV

I woke up and was ready to give Louis a good morning kiss but when I felt the side of our bed with my hand it was empty. I raised my head slightly to see where Louis was but at least he wasn't on the bed. I got up to put on my dressing gown and after that I walked downstairs.

'Where could he have gone?' I thought to myself as I searched every corner of the house. Then I realised I coud've just called him.

So just when I was about to press "Call Lou <3" on my phone the door opened. "Hi, uhm, sorry I uhm...I was having such headaches and thought some fresh air would do good so I went on a walk" Louis said as he came in. "Alright baby, you okay? How's your teeth? Is it better?" I asked.

"Yeah- uhm...No actually not. But please Harry it's okay. Don't make me go to the dentist" Louis pleaded. "Louis, listen here, come here, sit down. Stay okay?" I said as I gestured for him to sit on the sofa while I went to fetch one thing I had prepared for him because I knew he didn't want to go to the dentist but he didn't have another option if he wanted to save his tooth.

Louis's POV

Harry just left somewhere and told me to stay st the sofa. Damn I felt nervous. A few minutes later he came back with a small red purse or bag not sure which. "What's in there?" I quiered. He opened it and showed me things as he explained. "I'll give you a temporary filling, also known as a filling that is used to restore and protect a damaged tooth for as long as it takes for your dentist to replace it with a permanent filling" he explained and I understood basically nothing.

Harry saw my questioning face and sighed as he began to explain again. "...so basically it's just a filling to put on your hurt tooth until your dentist fixes it for you".

"Oh okay" was all I said before adding "but I don't want to go to the dentist. I don't need that filling thing either" I felt like a little kid arguing with his parent weather or not to get candy but I just had a really big trauma from the dentists so I am really scared of going there. I haven't gone to the dentists in over 10 years.

"Lou, listen, let me do this okay. If you want I can do it while you sleep. And then I'll drive you to your dentist appointment tomorrow and if they have to do anything to your tooth that you're uncomfortable with, we can ask if you can get some anesthesia so it won't hurt" Harry explained as he sat down next to me.

Eventually I agreed and let him do everything. He put the filling with a bit of struggle first but managed anyway. Then we spent the day as normal and I was nervous about the next day. Harry comforted me and told me soothing things which was a bit helpful but I was still stressing the fuck out.

Or that was why I thought before I met the next day. I woke up feeling like my throat was uposide down. I was shaking and couldn't even think normally.

"Awh baby, it's not that bad. Just a dentist. I know your trauma but I promise you, this time it'll be better. And I'm there with you, all- the- time" Harry said as we were getting ready to go.

Harry went inside the car already but I just stood there. I couldn't move, even if I wanted to. I was so nervous. Then Harry left the car again and came to talk to me.

"Louis, I know this is hard for you. But you'll feel better afterwards. Come now, we can hold hands if you want" Harry said as he led me in the car and then went himself. The same show was happening when we arrived. I wasn't coming out of the car and Harry had to practically drag me out.

Harry's POV

Louis had a reason to be scared and nervous because of his past trauma of dentists but sometimes it was hard when he was stubborn like now. I had to practically drag him to the dentists.

Luckily, everything went suprisingly well but that was also mainly because of some drugs (like meds) they gave him to calm down. It turned out he had a couple damaged teeth so they fixed them but luckily nothing was badly damaged.

Louis was a bit weird on the way home because of the drugs' effect but when we got home he almost didn't even get over the threshold before falling asleep in my arms. I carried him to our bed and took really good extra care of him as long as he needed extra care.
—————————————————
Was it good? Nah I'm again writing way too late but I hope you liked it and sorry for the delay!