Sick/cold (Zayn) I

This is kind of a combo with the next chapter. It's hard to explain but this chapter is mostly about Zayn, Harry and Liam's POVs while the next chapter is from Louis and Niall's POVs.

Because here is two 'events' that's going happen. And I wanted to do it like this, you will get what I mean when you read the next chapter.

Word count: ~ 1310 words.
—————————————————
Zayn's POV

It was night time and freezing cold. We were walking home from a club. None of us were really drunk this time, we were just a little bit tipsy.

But I somehow managed to lose my jacket at the club. Unfortunately, it was freezing outside since it was wintertime.

Liam's POV

Poor Zayn lost his jacket at the club and now had to walk home with only a hoodie and jeans in -1°C (30.2°F - I think...).

"Are you sure you don't want my jacket Z? You're shaking" I said. I had offered my jacket earlier, but he refused it."Yeah I'll be fine, it's not that far of a walk. Plus, I don't want you to have to deal with the cold" Zayn replied.

It was a 30 minute walk but only 10 minute left from it. "Z you're going to get sick, please take my gloves at least" Harry said as he handed them to him. "Okay then...thanks" he said as he put them on. Harry kept is hands in his pockets to keep them warm.

Zayn's POV

When we finally arrived home I just went straight to bed. I believe the others went to bed pretty fast after as well.

I woke up feeling terrible the next day, though. My nose was runny, my throat felt weird and sore, I was freezing and a little nauseous.

I just decided to go back to sleep. But just when I was about to do that I heard a knock on the door. I was a bit afraid to speak so I just got up and opened the door. Liam was standing behind the door. As soon as he saw me, his face turned to one of worry.

"You don't look so good mate...how are you feeling?" He inquired, I initially tried to look away, but I knew I couldn't avoid speaking all day. "Awful" I replied, my voice was a bit hoarse but not as bad as I feared.

"Get some rest lad. You look like you need it. If you get hungry, there's breakfast downstairs" Liam said. I nodded and went back to bed.

Harry's POV

We were just chatting while eating some breakfast and then Liam comes back. "Why that look on your face?" Niall inquired as he noticed Liam's worried expression. "Zayn's sick" he replied. "Good thing we don't have work in a few days then" I said. "You spoke too soon sun, I just got a message from Paul that we'll have to do a sound check tomorrow" Louis said looking at his phone.

Well at least we had one day off. "So what about our plans to go out today?" Niall inquired. "Someone has to stay with Z, I don't really feel like going anywhere tonight so I can do it" Liam said. "I would also prefer to just stay at home today" I replied. "I can come with you Ni, if you want?" Louis said with a smile. "Okay, let's go then" Niall said.

Liam and I stayed indoors today. Someone needed to take care of Zayn if he got worse, plus we were both feeling lazy today. Niall and Louis went out for some shopping and other fun.

"Should I go check on Zayn?" I asked as Liam and I sat down on the couch. "Nah, let him sleep, he needs it" Liam replied. "Yeah, true" I said.

Zayn's POV

I was awoken by a coughing fit. All I wanted to do was go back to sleep, but my bladder had other plans so I went to the bathroom.

And once I was already up, I decided to try and eat some breakfast. Even though I was a little bit hungry, my stomach didn't seem like it wanted any food.

I went downstairs and on my way I saw Liam and Harry sitting on the couch watching some TV. "Hey mate, are you feeling any better?" Liam asked. "Not really, I just thought I should try to eat something..." I responded.

I made myself a sandwich but already after the second bite I felt like I was going to throw up so I just put it away. "You ok?" Harry asked, "yeah I just don't feel like eating right now" I said. "It's okay, you can eat later, go get some rest Z" Liam said sympathetically.

On my way to my room I had to stop at the bathroom to throw up. Then I just went to my room and buried myself in my bed, eventually almost falling asleep.

Liam's POV

Poor lad, he seems to really feel like shit. "I think we should take his temperature" I said as I got up from the couch, with Harry following behind. "Yeah, he definitely has a fever" Harry said.

After grabbing the termometer and some fever reducers, we went into Zayn's room quietly. "Hey bud, you awake?" I said as I opened the door. "Yeahh unfortunately" Zayn replied.

Turned out Zayn had a fever, not too high but high enough to feel like shit, 38.0°C (100.04°F). "Here are some fever reducers and a glass of water" Harry said as he put them down on Zayn's nightstand, "take them when you can".

"Thank you guys" Zayn said.

Harry and I returned to the living room to continue watching TV, but there was nothing good on.

Harry's POV

I was bored by the TV programs so I picked up my phone and started playing games on it.

I somehow I fell asleep while being on my phone, but I was quickly awoken by the sound of Liam's phone ringing.

Apparently it was Louis who was calling him. Liam picked up his phone and answered it, "yeah?".

Liam's POV

"Yeah?" I said as I answered my phone and put it on the speaker. I heard Louis breathing fast, sounded like he was panicking. "Louis? What's wrong?" I said as I turned of the TV and catched Harry's full attention. "I-...I c-..cant" he stuttered. "hey, Louis easy, where are you? Take a deep breath...good, are you okay?" I said conernedly. "I..I am....N-...Niall is not...we're in t-the ambulance" Louis said, between sobs. Harry and I looked at each other. "What? What happened?" I asked, even more worriedly this time. "h...he got...shot...t-...there was...a shooting a-..attack in the mall" Louis said with a shaky voice.

The phone nearly dropped of my hand. Shot? Shooting attack? Why? "We need to go. NOW" I said as I rushed upstairs to tell Zayn.

It pained me to wake him. He looked so tranquil in his sleep. But I knew I had to.

Zayn's POV

"HE WHAT!?" I shouted as soon as Harry and Liam told me about Niall. The yelling really hurt my throat and I ended up having another coughing fit.

"Do you want to come with us to the hospital? Are you okay enough to leave?" Harry said. "I want to...but I don't know if I can..." I said. I hated to say it but I really felt like shit and wouldn't have had energy to go.

"We don't want you to be alone either?" Liam said. "Maybe we can ask Paul to come keep an eye on him" Harry suggested.

Paul came and he took care of me, and a few hours later I started feeling better - not great, but good enough to go check on Niall.

Harry's POV

Paul stayed with Zayn as Liam and I quickly  rushed to the hospital.

We were greeted by Louis upon arrival, he looked visibly upset with tears in his eyes and he was shaking. We just embraced him in a group hug.
—————————————————
Read the next part to find out what happens next!