Chapter Twenty-Three: Gym Class

The next week, Peter has finally completed his detention. And now I have been to two therapy sessions. Since his detention is over, Peter decided to continue with the academic decathlon team and go to nationals with the team. He only told Mr. Harrington and Ned that he was back.

Even though it has been two weeks since the incident with the two boys, people at school are still calling him names and making fun of him.

Ned and Peter are in gym class. Peter is doing sit ups while Ned holds onto his feet.

Ned: Thank god you didn't quit the academic decathlon team.

Peter continues his sit ups.

Ned: Nationals are a huge deal. We need to all be on our A game Peter.

Peter: Yeah I know Ned.

Ned: Maybe winning will make us cool.

Peter: I doubt it, Ned. People don't like me. They think we are losers.

While Peter and Ned are talking while doing sit ups. Liz and her friends are sitting on the bleachers talking.

Betty: If you win Nationals, you have to throw a party. Liz, your parties are legendary.

Peter and Ned listen to them talk.

Liz: Fine. Yes. If we win I will throw a party. I just need my parents to leave for that weekend.

Betty: Amazing.

Liz: Nationals aren't for two more weeks, so we'll see. But I think we can win.

Betty: You all can definitely win.

Charles: Seriously you guys are fine.

Liz: Watch now we aren't going to win. We will play it by ear. I need to do extra meetings with the team.

All of a sudden Ned says something.

Ned: Peter's back on the team. He'll help us win.

Peter stares shockingly at Ned.