Chapter Forty-Nine: Betty's Party

The weekend. It is Saturday. This weekend Betty is throwing a party at her house. Betty invited everyone who was at Liz's party. MJ and Peter are both going to the party. MJ just wants to feel nothing tonight.

After having dinner with Peter yesterday and how their conversation went, MJ just wants to ignore Peter. He has a lot to figure out. MJ knows what she wants.

When Peter arrives at the party, he goes straight to get a drink. Ned didn't want to go to the party so Peter went by himself. He wants to show people he's cool and actually goes out.

MJ again has been at the party since the pregame. MJ is just walking around. Avoiding everyone. Keeping to herself. Just like she's always done. Her mental health is declining but is good at keeping her secret.

Peter was looking for MJ all night to say sorry about the conversation that happened yesterday but every time he thought he saw her she disappeared.

People were way more drunk at this weekend's party than last week. Peter is not used to this lifestyle at all. But this is a part of high school right? He wants to get used to it. Used to not staying home on the weekends.

He also spent the night trying to avoid Flash like always. This weekend he successfully didn't run into him. He was happy about that at least.

MJ is feeling unwell. But keep drinking anyway. She's drinking the pain away. She stopped walking around and just took a bottle of alcohol and sat on one of the couches. Watching everyone party. Observing everyone. Drinking way too much.

After a while Peter gave up on finding MJ. He then goes to find Liz. When Peter found her, she was dancing and singing. Having the time of her life. Liz is the happiest person he knows. He just watches her dance. He wished he could be this happy. Maybe he should ask her to the dance.

By the end of the night, MJ is having a full breakdown.