Chapter Forty-Eight: Hanging Out

A few days later it's Friday after school. MJ is still thinking about the party with Peter. They were both pretty drunk and high on drugs.

Something did happen between Peter and MJ at the party after the pills. No one knows besides Peter and MJ. After talking outside for a while it was getting pretty loud so they went upstairs. They were talking in the guest room. They were both sitting on the bed. They looked into each other's eyes at one point and they both knew they wanted to kiss each other.

MJ and Peter went for it. Their lips touched and they couldn't stop. It was just them two, no one else. Shirts came off but that was the extent of it. Peter and MJ stopped hooking up and started talking again. It was a perfect night. Eventually Peter knew he had to go home. He said goodbye to MJ, put his shirt back on, and walked down the stairs towards the front door. MJ watched him leave the room. Peter found a ride home, he didn't want May to come and see him like this.

A few days ago, They planned to meet in the park after school to hang out. MJ can finally give Peter what he asked for. MJ is at the park before Peter. She is laying down on the grass with her head on her backpack. Peter is nervous to hang out with MJ, he doesn't know why.

Peter: Hey MJ.

MJ looks up at Peter.

Peter: I'm happy we could finally hang out. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you all week.

MJ: Peter. Seemed? You were ignoring me. And on Tuesday you totally shot me down. I just wanted to give you the number of my dealer you asked for. Do you still want it?

Peter: yes.

MJ: okay. Here's the piece of paper with his number on it.

Peter goes towards MJ and takes the paper.

Peter: thanks. Sorry MJ. It's just the party that really changed me. And we never really discussed what happened.

MJ gives Peter a look.

MJ: We drank, took some pills, and made out. Pretty self explanatory. Do you want to talk about it? This week kind of made it seem like you wanted to forget that happened.

Peter: Well, um. That was my first kiss so I don't know how these things work.

MJ: Oh I didn't know that. So you drank, took drugs, and had your first kiss. A lot of firsts this weekend.

Peter looks at MJ.

MJ: Look, I know you like Liz. We can just keep this between us and no one needs to know. But we still better hang out. It just seems like we understand each other. I think we are going through the same thing so I would like to continue those conversations.

Peter: Wait, how do you know I like Liz?

MJ: I mean it's pretty obvious. You two flirt with each other whenever you have the chance too.

Peter: But what if I like you too? My feelings are kind of all over the place. Maybe we can talk about this?

MJ: I'm not a second choice Peter. You need to decide if you actually like me or if it's because we are both going through similar things. I'm okay with being friends or friends with benefits but I think you need to figure out what you want.

Peter just looks at MJ. Of course this hurt MJ. She's had a crush on Peter for so long. But she wants Peter to choose her with no one else in the picture.

At this moment, Peter realized he messed up big time. MJ's the best but Liz is perfect in his eyes. A dance is coming up. He has to decide if he wants to ask Liz or MJ.