Chapter Twenty-Nine: Quizzing on the Bus

The weekend of Nationals. It is a Friday around six pm. They are about to go to D.C. on a school bus. Peter was running late to the bus because after school he was sick to his stomach. He isn't sure why but he feels off.

Peter: Hey sorry I'm late. I wasn't feeling 100% after school, but I'm here now.

Flash walks toward Peter.

Flash: No one cares Peter. No one even noticed you were missing. We would have been fine without you.

Flash keeps walking towards Peter. At the moment he thinks Flash is about to hit him or something.

Mr. Harrington: Peter, I was wondering when you were going to show up.

Flash looks at Mr. Harrington.

Mr. Harrington: Flash, we talked about this. Peter needs that jacket.

Flash: what?

Abe: How does this make you feel Flash?

The team laughs.

MJ: Hey, when are we leaving? I would like to settle at the motel before we go through drills.

Mr. Harrington: Right now. Everyone get on the bus!

Flash throws the jacket at Peter and they all get on the bus.

On the bus. Liz is going through a couple of questions for the team to answer. Peter is hoping this weekend goes okay. Peter is a little nervous to be away from home. He hasn't been away in a while. He's hoping this weekend he can talk to both MJ and Liz.

Cindy: The second law of thermodynamics.

Flash: Fort Sumter.

Abe: Flash is wrong.

Liz: Okay guys, let's focus. Next one.

Mr. Harrington: Liz, don't overwork them.

Liz asks another question. Peter rings the bell.

Peter: Uh strontium, barium, vibranium.

Liz: Very good Peter. You're killing it today Peter.

Peter: thanks Liz, means a lot.