Prediction

Izuku POV:

After gaining my acceptance to the Nighteye agency, I felt extremely distraught with what I heard from the pro. He told me All Might's gonna die soon. I couldn't believe it and I felt horrible realizing that might be true. Nighteye's predictions from what I heard are normally accurate with the end result from how he explained it in an interview with tangents of the in between being unique depending on the amount of time and what specifically he's looking at. This meant the chances of that prediction being right is really high. I couldn't think straight. "Ow." In my own thought, I came towards a corner not even fully realizing and hit myself in the face.

"You ok, Izuku? You look a little lost in thought." Nejire asked me for it to be now apparent I'm thinking about this too much.

"Y-yeah. I just had a lot to think about when I was talking with Nighteye."

"He's an interesting pro. I'm not surprised. I also hear he's a HUGE All Might Otaku. Probably more of a fan than you are a quirk nerd." Kyoka started laughing at this with the joke not really making it any better. "What? He went through a phase and isn't one anymore?"

"No. That's not it. I uhh...I kinda need to head out for a little bit." I grabbed a coat and began heading out. Once I did, I went right towards the grounds near the woods to see two people I needed to.

Seeing a park bench, I noticed mom and All Might sitting down with the later being out of breath a bit. "Damn that injury took a crap ton out of you. At least you're not completely out of shape."

"Thank you for the complement, Miruko." All Might looked over towards my direction to smile. "Young Usagiyama. Nice to see you."

I was unable to lead into what I wanted to say, so I decided to say as bluntly as possible. "Why didn't you tell me you were gonna die!?"

There was a silence between all of us for mom to break it by smacking All Might in the back of the head. "THIS IS WHY I WANTED YOU TO TELL HIM EVERYTHING SO HE WOULDN'T FIND OUT THIS WAY!"

"YOU KNEW!?"

Mom looked away before answering. "I kinda put the idiot in a corner since you were constantly getting hurt."

"When."

"Look, I wanted you to know, but I wasn't the one that had to-"

"WHEN DID YOU KNOW!?" I was getting mad. Both kept this from me to the point now it was difficult trusting them.

"After the incident at the Sports Festival with you and that Shinso kid. As your parent, I wanted to know if what you have as a quirk is even safe as well as make sure there was nothing else the blond oaf here wasn't telling me. As such, I umm...ok, it was a bad call for me not telling you and I dropped the ball. I'll admit to that. But I figured it would be better hearing it from the man who withheld this information from you than me since it would make it seem like he didn't trust you as much as you'd think." Mom looked at All Might before leaning back. "Your mess. You clean it up."

All Might sighed before explaining to me what he withheld. "This happened around the timeframe of my first battle with AFO. After the fight, I was transported to a hospital and only a few were accepted in. Nighteye as my sidekick at the time, was one of them. In fear of the future, he decided to use his Futuresight on me. This led him to find out something about my death. I was going to die an unspeakable death to a villain in about five or six years. During the fight with AFO, I thought this was going to be it. However, it wasn't."

I thought of it and felt horrible knowing this was happening. "So when you found out, you took him off as your sidekick?"

"...I didn't want to think of the future the way he was. To be honest though, I probably should've given it much more thought than I initially did. Maybe if I did, we wouldn't be in as painful of a position as we are in for the country. Apparently, Nighteye's been monitoring young Togata since he came into UA. He was basically prepared to be the hero to take my place."