Fight for Hope

With Mirio, 3rd person POV:

As Izuku fought with Dabi and Twice, Mirio continued his charge for Eri to find both Overhaul and his subordinate carrying Eri away. "*pant* *pant* Gentlemen. We need to talk."

Overhaul glared towards Mirio while asking. "What are you doing here?" Eri glanced at Mirio while being held by the man. "Doesn't matter anyway." Overhaul and his crony turned away with Mirio trying to follow him. "You're going to die anyway."

Before he could react, Mirio felt an abnormal lightheadedness similar to as if he was drunk. He fell to his knees. 'What the?'

"WHOOO! I CAN'T TELL IF I'M UPSIDE DOWN OR WHAT!?" A man was on top of the pipes downing a bottle of alcohol. Seeing the man, Mirio realized who he was. Deidoro Sakaki.

"Must you act so rashly?" Another member by the name of Shin Nemoto spoke while staying beside Overhaul. "Now, hero. Why did you come here? Do you feel guilty of not taking Eri back when you did? Is this your way to take glory back for what you failed to do?"

Feeling an abnormal sense in himself, Mirio spoke up. "Yes. I want to do this to fix the bad I did."

Hearing this answer, Eri felt horrible. "You see that Eri. All he is is another one of those false heroes. All bark and no bite. What a waste."

Sakaki threw knives at Mirio for him to use his quirk and dodge it. "Tell me something hero, is Eri honestly special, or is she just another person you're trying to save?" Nemoto asked for the blond to answer.

"She's another person that needs to be save. Simple as that." Mirio kept feeling horrible how it was coming out because it was going in a way that can easily be taken wrong.

'Why is this happening?' As this happened, Mirio began remembering back to past and what he thought about being a hero. Being saved by a pro who had pulled him out of a river. He remembered how amazing heroes were and how he wanted to be just like them. Someone to be a guiding light that people rush to and kids want to be because heroes save those that need it. Because of his quirk though, Mirio fought hard and had to keep fighting in order to have the skill he had down. No matter what he did though, no matter how much he failed, no matter how many people thought his dream was impossible for him, Mirio fought and kept fighting for the day he could achieve his dream. Thanks to this, he met people that he cared about and became someone everyone in school was happy to be around. Now came a real trial for him. Facing a mistake he made and fighting to win for someone that needs a hero more than ever.

"End him. Now." Overhaul stated this for Sakaki and Nemoto to send knives and bullets at him. Seeing this coming, Mirio held his breath while going into the wall.

'I can't give up. Not yet.' Using his quirk's ability to his advantage, he propelled himself from wall to wall to the ceiling at speeds nobody could see before knocking out both Hassaikai members. "Ultimate Move: Phantom Threat!" Both were knocked out for Mirio to go next for Overhaul and his assistant Chrono. "CHISAKI!" In one solid kick, Mirio knocked both out while completely avoiding Eri, sending her up into the air. He caught her in his arms and smiled down at her. "It's ok, Eri. I've got you."

Now visibly irritated, Overhaul glared back at Mirio in anger. "Eri. Get back here. If you don't, more people are going to die because of you." He stood back up, holding his headfrom where Overhaul kicked him. "Remember that you're a cursed child."

"How can you say that to your own daughter!?" Mirio shouted in anger as the villain pulled off his glove to reveal his right hand uncovered.

"....Let's get one thing straight, I don't have a daughter." The second he touched the ground, Overhaul turned the area into spikes to try and impale Mirio and Eri. Fortunately, the blond was able to get ahead of this and get both out of the way.