Final Farewells

2 years later, Izuku POV:

Over two years passed since the Culture Festival with a lot happening since then. The League attempted a final brawl with us to have it result in an all out war. During it, Shigaraki found a way to attain power similar to AFO. Fortunately, it wasn't strong enough to overpower us and have us succeed. His original quirk though had its own upgrade that resulted in a large destruction of pros and a large portion of a city to be destroyed. If we're being honest, the fact most civilians were away from it was nothing short of a miracle. In addition to the original members of the League, a group known as the Paranormal Liberation Army had made itself known and caused its own problems. Fortunately, my quirk gave everyone a chance to survive with some unlikely Allie's wanting to assist us. We won, but we did have great costs. The number of pro heroes dropped down to an alarming number. Ms. Midnight was counted in the loss along with some top ranked pros. Mom even lost an arm during this to just get an opportunity to stop some damage before it came. Sadly, this failed and nearly cost all of us including Japan itself, becoming victims to the League.

As the dust of the battle settled, the world saw me stand over the defeated Shigaraki who in my own weakness to my anger, snapped his neck for stabbing Kaachan in the stomach. Afterwards, I incinerated his head from what I was told with 'Explosion' and 'Half Hot, Half Cold'. It scared people, but overall they understood with the damage done there was no going back from this outcome. The League and Shigaraki wouldn't come in willingly and thus needed to be stopped no matter what. All I could think though was if this really was the best action at the time. In the end, I was known in Japan as the hero who stopped the revival of a new Demon King. To be honest, I kinda hate this title but didn't speak out because the society we had needed something to keep the trust of the pros. Wasn't a fan, but accepted the name now because of that.

Currently, we're all sitting in caps and gowns waiting for Nezu to give a final speech to us for our graduation. "Hello and thank you all for your three years of hard work and dedication. I will not lie and say that this batch of students have been through quite a bit in their first year. Many trials had come into play for us as a world to know one thing. Our society and way of life is not perfect. We cannot see the mistakes or flaws of it until they rear they're unsightly heads. Though this is not an excuse for all that has happened, I do know that these students have risen to the occasion and helped us through difficult times. For that, I am proud to see them integrate into our society as future leaders of tomorrow. However, as a famous quote had once said. Greatness and large steps forward cannot be made without taking small steps in the general direction. And as such, this small step forward will be the first step into their new lives. I hope and wish all of you the best of luck in the future for all your endeavors and may the struggles and difficulties going forward not deter your, but push you to become better as both human beings and members of whichever career path you choose."

We all clapped as the awards were given to us with the ceremony finally ending. When it did, I walked out towards the crowd to have a metallic arm choke hold me. "Guess ya finally became an adult now. Nice job, squirt."

I glanced over to see mom and Inko smiling at me with some satisfaction. "I doubt you have any room to call me a squirt now that I'm taller than you." During my years at UA, I ended up getting a growth spurt that made me taller than six feet and now tower over mom and everyone for her to laugh.

"Just remember that I can level you any second you get too mouthy with me. HAHAHA!"

Inko walked up to me and smiled happily. "Izuku. Nothing can say how happy I am to see you succeed and become the man you wished to be. I hope everything going forward goes in your favor."

"Oh, something tells me it will." I heard aunt Ryu's voice to see her to the side with Nejire who looked smug and confident. "You might even be happy to find something out Nejire has to give you."