The Child

3rd person POV:

Izuku glanced up at the man in fear of what he got himself into. 'That's Kai Chisaki. The guy Nighteye's investigating. Just what's he doing here? Is this his daughter? He called her Eri. Why is she shaking?' A million questions began flooding Izuku's head for him to have difficulty even answering one. Before he could say anything, Mirio pulled Izuku's mask in the back of his costume up and covered the top half of his face.

"Careful there, partner. You lost your hood there. Wouldn't want to ruin the facade you put up." Mirio looked over to the man and began trying to deescalate any issues that may have opened up. "Don't worry about it sir. No problems on our end. My partner also doesn't do well with new people, so don't take it personally. Hey, you're part of the Hassaikai, right? You're really famous around here."

"Thanks. Also, please ignore the mask, it's meant to keep the filth out." On the outside, Overhaul didn't give the impression he was hostile or questioning of both Izuku or Mirio. But the less the group tells the man of them or have him interact with them, the better.

'Just stay calm. All you gotta do is relax the atmosphere.' "Well we shouldn't hold you up, so we'll try and make this quick. Since we gotta write down any issues we find on patrol for work, you mind just giving us the long in the short why your daughter was running?"

"I guess even heroes got it rough. Eri wanted a toy and I wouldn't buy it for her. This made her go on a tantrum and run off on me." As the two spoke, Izuku glanced down at Eri to feel her tremble in his arms. She held onto him like her life depended on it with it looking like she was about to scream for help, but refusing to.

'Something's wrong here. Not only that, but there's bandages all over her. Did she get hurt really badly recently? She also hesitated at my hands as if she was afraid I was gonna hurt her.' Izuku kept looking at the girl before being tapped by Mirio.

"Alright. Well we shouldn't waste any more of your time. You ready to go, partner?" Izuku began getting up before Eri gripped his arm tighter to silently speak out three small words.

"Please...don't go..." unable to get her off, Izuku looked up at Overhaul and tried to calmly laugh it off.

"It seems she won't let go."

"She does this from time to time. I raised my voice a little too much and she's probably still scared. Eri. Please come here."

Eri refused to let go and shook more violently.

"She seems to have quite a few bandages on her. Did something happen?"

"Eri unfortunately plays a little rougher than she should and gets hurt a little too often. It's not as bad as it looks."

"There's a lot on her as far as I can see. These are all from her playing rough?" Izuku somewhat began interrogating Overhaul for him to remain calm and explain this.

"She's an exceptionally clumsy girl. It's hard keeping her from doing this, but she isn't in any life threatening danger. I make sure she isn't."

Placing his hand on her head to cover Eri, Izuku began speaking. "I'm sorry sir, but I can't allow you to take her. If you want to argue this, I'd be more than happy to when we get down to the station."

Overhaul glared down at Izuku with notable bloodlust coming off him. "I don't know who you are boy, but I'd recommend you be cautious what you get into." Izuku stood his ground and gave Overhaul no leeway. Letting out a sigh, the yakuza began giving an ultimatum. "Alright. A cop's down the alley over here if you'd follow me to settle this quickly." The two heroes in training looked at one another before following Overhaul into the alley. "This is always a nuisance. If only we could avoid these problems." Overhaul went to the glove he wore and began slowly pulling it off while glaring at Eri, indirectly telling her this is her final chance to come back before something bad happens.