Nightmare of Hosu

Iida POV:

For my work study, I had decided to do it with a local hero in Hosu city called Manual. We had been patrolling the streets with little happening. From what I have gathered, hero patrols had gone up to decrease chances of crime happening. However, I came here with a goal in mind and I am not going to let the Hero Killer walk away after what he did to Tensei. "Sorry to ask this, but you're here to go after the Hero Killer aren't you?" I stopped for a moment with Manual hitting the nail on the head as to why I had chosen his agency. "It only makes sense. Look I understand that you have your reasons to, but going after someone the way you're trying isn't a good option. Heroism isn't like when it first started. If you walk down the path of vigilantism, there will be repercussions. We have the privilege to use our quirks as heroes, but we aren't the law itself. We need to abide by it just as much as anyone else."

I felt nothing but frustration knowing that the Hero Killer could do what he did and I couldn't legally do a thing to stop him. "Sorry. I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's just that you seem like a straight laced person and I'd hate to see you ruin your chances at being a hero for something like this. Yes the Hero Killer isn't an exception, but we need to take care of him through legal means and not by our own measures." "It's fine. I appreciate your concern." Manual continued to walk away with the anger inside me not quelling at all. 'This is infuriating. I know I shouldn't, but after what he did to Tensei...' I had clenched my fist in absolute anger. 'This isn't right.'

Few days later, Izuku POV:

"Get moving Okamure! You won't be able to help anyone if you need it!" Since the first day, Gang Orca had taken it upon himself to prepare me to head out to Hosu. He said the clearance to start the case would take at least 3 days before we could even think of leaving for the city however to give us that time to do nothing but prepare for whatever we'd encounter. "I've got you now!" I began to jump up to prepare an axe kick. When I was about to, Gang Orca glared at me with intent to shake me up a bit. He noticed this to grab my leg and throw me into a wall. The act made me react to harden my body with Kirishima's 'Hardening' to go right into a wall and get stuck. "You ok?" I tried to pull myself out to have no luck at all. "Yeah, Ngh! Just a little stuck." I kept pulling as much as I could before the pro came over to grab my shirt. In one go, he yanked me out of the wall to stand me up. "Thanks." "Why did you hesitate?" I was going to say something, but couldn't find a good enough excuse. "I...I just got spooked."

"In a real fight, you can't hesitate. You do, and you or someone else could pay the consequences. This is why every move you make, you must steel your nerves or you will cause someone to get hurt or die." I held my head down realizing that strength and quirk wise I may be on the right track, but I still had a long way for skill and will. I came out of this however when I felt a pat on my head. "Even though you've still got a long way, you're doing everything to limit that flaw you have. Confidence and steeled nerves don't come overnight, they're things that grow gradually. Just learn how to get stronger and you'll soon be free of that burden." Orca went to a bench to pass me a water bottle before pouring one on himself. "To be honest though kid, you remind me of your mother back when she started. She was a stubborn one that didn't take anything from anyone." "She still kinda is." "I could tell." We both shared a bit of a laugh about mom's stubbornness before Gang Orca started to walk towards the door.

"Get ready. We have permission today to start the Stain case. We'll arrive at Hosu tonight around 8. Gather whatever you need for a fight and we'll head out in an hour." I drank from my water before walking to where I was sleeping to get some gear to help. 'Iida. Don't do something that'll hurt you.' When I was ready, I walked near Gang Orca's office where he was filling out some final bits of paperwork. "You ready?" I took a deep breath before showing a determined face. "Yeah. Let's go find the Hero Killer."