Chapter 2 Shopping

You leaped down and clutched on to a fire escape with your tentacles, these were rather useful in getting around. You jumped again and landed on the concrete ground. Rats scatter out of the garbage bin as you land down from the fire escape. You could simply walk out of the alley, but if someone were to see you, the police would definitely look into this.

Slowly, your height shrank, your tentacles retract into your back until they're gone. Your claws got smaller into 2 small soft hands but still keeping your sharp nails, your feet turned into shoes with white socks that fit perfectly well. And lastly, you look into your reflection on the silver garbage can to see your face, your hair is tied behind your head with 2 ponytails. If anyone were to see you now would only see a small innocent child. A perfect disguise.

The city was quiet as you peeked around the corner. The street lights were lit up to show the road down to the shops. Some of the buildings still have lights on inside them while the rest were dark like the night. Occasionally a car would drive by disrupting the quiet in the street. But overall, all was silent as you went shopping.

You liked the fruit store. If you were to walk in on a normal day you would see so many yummy fruits. Apples, bananas, mango, strawberries, you name it. Walking to the front of the door, there were 4 big watermelons on a bright red wagon. 

The owners are old, somewhere in their 60s or 70s. But they have a big heart. You came across one day to look for something to eat. You tried to steal a mango from the front but the wife of the owner caught you red handed. The man however instead gave you a bag of apples. Then every night when you walk past the shop, they'll leave a red wagon full of fruit to last you a week.

You took the handle of the wagon and started walking back down the street humming a tune of your choice. You like it when it's night, no one would see you, no one will even notice you because they're all fast asleep in their little cosy beds, all nice and warm. It was perfect to do anything in secret, especially breaking into a shop.

And I should have kept my author's mouth shut...

A sudden sound of glass shattering broke the silence of the night. Your spine shrivelled as you quickly dashed to the nearest hiding spot which was a public bin on the street. Did someone see you? Your eyes darted around to find the source of the noise.

"Come on! Let's get this done quickly. And quietly too!"

"You just broke the glass window, how is that quiet?"

Looking back at the shop you just visited, you see people. 4 maybe 5? Each wearing a dark mask covering their entire head except the eyes and mouth. And in their hands, a dark silver revolver. No doubt these guys were thugs. They were robbing the store in the middle of the night.

You know people like these guys exist, that's why there are heroes in the world. But it's past midnight by now, you assumed that most of the pros have gone home already, there was no one there to stop them from robbing that fruit store.

You were about to teach them a lesson.

*Sniff sniff* Do you smell that? We're about to do something illegal! :D