Chapter 4 Investigation

"If I'll be honest with ya, I didn't have a single idea what was going on downstairs"

"Me and my husband were sleeping when we heard loud gunshots. We didn't expect it to be in our very shop."

_______________

Red and blue lights lit up the dark street. The police were carrying flashlights inspecting the shop. Others were questioning the owners to see if they could get an idea of what was going on. A car pulled up just outside of the crime scene and the detective hopped out.

"Detective Tsukauchi! How do you do?"

"I'm doing just fine, thank you." He's wearing a light brown coat along with a hat. But his tie was messy due to being called so late at night. Poor man! "Is the report finished?"

"It should be finished by morning." he paused for a second "I mean by 5."

"Do you mind if I take a look around?" 

"Not at all sir." The officer stepped aside allowing the Detective to pass. The Detective ducks under the police tape and looks around. There were 3 thugs outside the shop, all handcuffed. Meanwhile inside the police were attempting to free the 2 thugs who were unlucky enough to be trapped in your webs. One officer got stuck in the process. And there were white people in suits, one of them holding a few vials filled with black substances.

The detective walked up to one of the officers, who is a yellow-orange cat wearing a cute bell on their collar. "Sansa, can you give me a description of what happened?"

"Yes sir! Around midnight, these crooks attempted to rob the fruit store. However, something..." He paused. "Or someone had prevented them. Whoever defended the shop made quite the mess, they had a web quirk, in which you could see. They eventually escaped through the back door leaving a trail of an unknown black substance." He pointed inside. "The back door leads to an alleyway behind the building, there the trail grows cold, even our dogs can't track them."

*WOOF! WOOF!*

The detective turned around to find an officer struggling to pull his dog away from the cat officer. Looking at this, he finds it pretty ironic, even as a k9 unit, the dogs are dogs. He turns back to speak to Sansa, who was mildly bugged about them a little.

"Nothing was stolen, but the store was damaged." Sansa continued. "Possible vigilante or a random civilian decided to act after witnessing the event."

"I'll investigate the matter." The Detective said. Sansa saluted and...

The

Dog

Was

Unleashed.

___________

Last night in Musutafu city, gunshots were heard in a small fruit store. There were no heroes at the scene, however the criminals were already down when the police arrived at the scene. Theory is that the "hero" saw the robbery and acted to prevent it. Investigations are underway in search of this mysterious person.

"Hey chief!" The officer turned his chair around to look at the head of the police department."

"What is it? Woof." The man with a dog head walked over and ducked down to see the screen on the computer.

"I think we got something!" The officer was looking through security about the most recent incident of the mysterious hero saving a fruit store. After a while of looking, he eventually landed on a tape where it showed the answer everyone has been asking.

"Did the security cameras catch our suspect?" He asked.

"Yes! Here!" He played the video and moved aside for the chief of police.

"Interesting, get the detective. We'll give him his information about this...child."

The police tried to keep the news a secret, however it spread quickly like ants, everyone was talking about this "child" that saved the store. Pretty soon, everyone knew about it.

Everyone knew about it...