Chapter 5 Busted

"Sir! DNA test results are here."

"Perfect. Who is the suspect?"

"It's a little girl named Y/N, but."

"But what?"

"Well, you see sir, according to our files..."

__________

You did not think this clearly in your head. You were obviously aware of the security cameras within the shop, but you acted anyway. Now the police are definitely going to look into this.

You sat there back underground at the table eating half of the watermelon. The light from the ceiling flickers every few seconds. The electricity isn't all that great down here, only a few rooms are lit up. Your mind can't seem to move along from last night. Now that you think about it, you've made quite a mess inside the shop. Those fruits were for sale, now that they're ruined, no one would buy food from the floor. Not to mention the bullet holes in the wall.

The next thing you knew, you were outside in the daylight. For some reason, you couldn't stop thinking about it. The owners weren't supposed to lose anything and yet it bothers you. So you felt like something had to be done. You were going to go and tell them everything. Even if it means losing your weekly fruits.

You walked out of the alleyway in your human form and made your way to the shop. People walking past would just stare at you in your blank white hospital gown, you hated it. It makes you feel...different from regular kids. Then again you're a monster, of course you're different.

The shop had no more officers around it, and most of the place was cleaned up. Except for the broken window... The bells rang as you walked inside, there was still a mess of fruits on the floor. Avoiding it, you made your way to the front counter. You swore that it grew because the last time you were there, it was only half of your height. Standing on your toes, you see that no one was at the front counter. So what does every customer do? Ring the bell!

.

.

.

And you can't even reach it, how pathetic.

You struggled for a moment, you can't turn into the monster because that would attract attention again, plus the cameras were on. Perhaps you should go get a stool? Or maybe ask someone else to ring the bell?

"Do you need help with that?"

*Ring*

A man placed his hand on the bell ringing it. You look at him surprised. He was a young man with a brown coat and hat, white gloves, black hair and eyes. The detective's eyes made contact with yours

"You're a bit young to be shopping on your own, are you parents or guardians here?"

He was very kind. You haven't met someone face to face in a long time. Other than the crooks last night.

"No..." You said slightly "They're somewhere else right now." Technically that was true. Your parents are indeed in a better place.

The detective paused for a moment before saying "Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

'Uh oh' You thought 'This is bad!' This man was clearly on to you, and judging by his expression, he's not here to go shopping either... "I don't have school today."

"Ah, I see" You felt your heartbeat go down. Oh wait a second! You don't have one. "What school do you go to?"

Seriously? If you knew anything about this guy he's a complete freak for asking about your personal details.

"I can't tell you"

"Why not?"

"Because you're a stranger"

"Fair enough" he shrugged "I am Detective Tsukauchi, nice to meet you!" He held out his hand for you to shake.

"Y/N. And it's not nice to meet you." You pushed his hand away. He reminds you a lot like that white haired man you saw. You don't know if he's here to be friends or foes.

The man leaned down. "You're not supposed to be here without a guardian you know? Is your home nearby?"

"Yes, it's down the street in fact." That was true, sort off. It was actually across the street.

"But aren't you homeless little one?"

The owner had finally come from the backdoor. But that doesn't concern you. What did concern you is what he just said. You were trying to lie to what could be someone in the police force and he just came along and blew it.

"Alright, the gig is up. Do you mind? You need to come with me for a second."

Did you agree and let yourself be taken in?

The answer is no.

This man may be a detective, but you were still going with the whole 'stranger danger' thing. You did not know what was going to happen to you if you went with him. What if they lock you up like an animal? What if they did tests and experiments like before?

You weren't certainly standing around to find out. You say run. (See what I did there?)

And run you did.

You darted out the door before the Detective even had time to react. A couple of people saw you burst out of the door, but you didn't care. You need to make a break for the alleyway across the street.

"Hey!" You heard the detective yell. But you didn't stop, your feet made contact on the concrete road and continued to run.

*SCREECH!*

You didn't look left or right.