Chapter 17 A difficult situation

(So I took a short break and I'm back!)

Mirio predicted something was going to happen when Overhaul pressed the button, but he did not predicted what will happen. Within a second after he watches the red button be submerged into device by a white glove, you suddenly kicked his chin, stunning him, and jumped out of his arms.

"Y/N?! What are you doing?!" Mirio cried out. You stood between Mirio and Overhaul, saying nothing while facing in his direction.

"Y/N doesn't want you anymore." Overhaul pulls off one of his gloves. "She won't listen to you. She's mine and so is Eri." Within a second, the walls around the group disappeared. Spikes started to form towards Mirio and Eri. You jumped out of the way landing next to Overhaul.

'Chisaki. Quirk, Overhaul. With this power, he can disassemble things and reassemble.' Nighteye's words rushed through Mirio's mind.

"It's not just reassemble!" Mirio thought. "He's creating spikes!" Mirio uses his Permeation to dodge the spikes while holding Eri up high. "You didn't care that Eri and Y/N was here?!"

"Yeah it wouldn't be a problem for me if she got hurt." Overhaul explained, he breaks the spikes. "If I heal her fast enough she will survive. Even if she's not the same way before. Eri already knows what I can do. Y/N also has a special regenerative ability according to my information. So there's no need to heal her, she can do that on her own." Spikes started forming towards Mirio again, the walls started to spread out creating a big open space. Mirio dodges the second wave of spikes.

"What will you do if Eri gets hurt?" Overhaul asked. "Under these conditions I'm the only one that can heal her. I sealed off every escape route, so you can't run away with Eri using your Permeation. Plus Y/N won't be so obedient following you. So, you're gonna fight me school boy?"

Chrono gets up and aims his gun at Mirio. "I didn't expect him to use his quirk so precisely. He's been well trained."

"Lets get this over with." He presses the button again. "Kill him Y/N."

After a second of registering that command, you slowly shifted your body into your monster form. Mirio eyes widened in terror to see what you become. And within that second, you dashed at him with great speed. Mirio leaps out of the way with Eri before you swing your arm and punched into the ground.

"Aim for the arm wrapped around Eri." Overhaul advised. The spikes disappeared leaving an open path to Mirio.

"He's getting rid of the spikes to make an opening for him!" Mirio thought as the gun aims directly towards them. "Sorry about this." He shifts his cape obscuring their view, disattaching it from his hero costume.

There were gunshots, you immediately backed away by the sound of them. You watch as 2 bullets pierced though the cape, but not making contact with the 2 that were behind.

"He used to cape to throw off my aim." Chrono stood there reloading his gun. "I thought heroes wear those just to make them look cool." He watches as the cape falls down covering Eri. You noticed someone moving through the ground, headed straight towards Chrono.