Chapter 60 Grim Situation

"You know, we gotta stop meeting like this."

"I disagree," He said, tearing off the sickle from the trunk, letting the bat fall to the ground. "Gives me more opportunities."

"I won't let you take her," You held the pocket watch away. "If you want her, then you'll have to get through me."

You were slightly worried. Last time you narrowly got away from him by just a few seconds before the floor shattered. The move you did worked for sure, but it was very risky as much. He could have grabbed it if the floor didn't break.

Although, you weren't sure how to get out of this situation this time.

"Get through you?" He laughs. "You haven't even changed the last time we've met!"

"It was 2 months ago."

"It doesn't matter." He clashed his sickles together. "Save me some time and give me the pocket watch. There's no escape this time."

"Oh yeah?" You called out. "Then what am I doing?!"

Death looked up to see you already flying away, high in the sky. "COWARD!!!" He screamed, raising one of his sickles.

"SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW!!!"

Death yells and strikes his sickle into the ground, causing a massive shockwave blowing the trees. Lightning strikes the ground where he was standing and a grey dust cloud emerges from the ground. The cloud took the shape of a wolf head with glowing red eyes. It flies after you, leaving a trail behind.

"Oh shoot." You looked back as death started getting closer and closer, he's catching up quite fast. You flew higher and higher into the clouds, in an attempt to get away.

The clouds are thick, but Death still follows you close behind. Occasional flashes of lightning appear in the clouds, along with a loud 'bang!' afterwards.

"Look out!" Eri screamed.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning appeared in front of you. You pulled to the left and narrowly avoided the flash.

"How did you know that was coming?" You yelled over the sound of thunder.

"Not that, THAT!"

You didn't even have a second to register what Eri was talking about when the wolf chomps its jaws on your left wing. It then shook its head back and forth, shaking you around as you tried to free yourself from its jaws.

But not even a moment later, your wing got torn off.

You felt the gravity of the world pull you towards the ground. The air blowing into you as you spun around uncontrollably.