Chapter 61 Walking Siren

You instantly ducked behind a tree once you've landed on the ground, most of the branches and leaves obscure the light from the moon. You can hear yourself breathe heavily, feel your chest going in and out. Since when did your breathing get so real?

You can't stay here, that's for sure. You have to move and get away as far as possible until you can find a way out of this darn place.

Peaking your head around the tree, you started moving in a random direction. Quietly trying to not make much noise. The forest was helping much, you could hear your footsteps crunching the sticks and leaves on the floor, you can't help but twitch every time one breaks.

"Y/N?" Eri worriedly said through the pocket watch. "What do we do?"

"Keep walking, and keep going." You answered. "Until we find, anything really, anything but him."

You were afraid to admit it, you were actually scared. At first, it was barely anything to be afraid of when you first met Death. But then stopped fearing him due to the fact you can't die at all. Why are you afraid? You have no reason to be so.

Is it the fear of being chased? What about the fear of those creepy zombies and skeletons and Reapers? Fear of Death? But you can't die, why would you fear death?

"Hello?!" You heard someone call out. "Is anybody there?"

You jerked your head into the direction of that voice. It doesn't sound like Death, or anybody that you know. It sounded like a man, so close but yet so far at the same time.

Maybe they could help...

You began moving in that direction, Eri's pocket watch still in hand. You didn't want to yell out just in case Death was near, or any unwanted people. You peaked over a bush to see that no one was there. Just more trees with weird roots formation.

"Hello?" The voice called out again. "Don't worry! I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to help."

You were about to step forward when you found yourself stuck in place.

'That's not right.' You thought. 'I'm sure it sounded like someone was right here.' But yet, no one was there as the voice called out again.

"Come on out! I'm not going to hurt y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-" The voice started to glitch out before coming to a stop, leaving the forest in total silence.

You heard the branches shake from above you, looking up, a giant hand with long brown fingers reaching out for you. Causing you to shriek in surprise and jump away before the hand slammed into the ground, making you fall.

One of the trees with the weird root formation started to leave the ground, giving you a clearer shape of a leg. Your eyes followed the hand that lifted itself above the ground, seeing the arm, later the body of the beast.

The flesh was brown in colour, taking the shape of a slender humanoid shape, you could see its rib cage at the chest. Its arms extended down its entire body, nearly reaching the floor with its hands being 2 to 3 times the size, too big for its body. Instead of a head, a large metal pole, along with two large sirens atop, both having terrifying teeth on both sides and tongue.