Chapter 40 Personal Outing

"Where do you think you're going?" You turn around just as you reach the door. Shigaraki threw a book at you, in which you caught with one of your tentacles. "When did I say you could leave?"

"You didn't say anything about me being under house arrest." You pointed out. You pulled out the gold broken pocket watch and swung it side to side so Shigaraki couldn't see if it was broken. "I'll be back before midnight, don't worry. I just need to clear my mind on some things." You left through the front door with Shigaraki cursing in the background.

It's evening that same day. The sun was down, leaving a small hint of orange in the dark sky, night was approaching. You opened your sharp skeletal wings and took off into the air and straight for the city.

Something was very strange about that dream last night. Sure it was a dream but, an object from that dream doesn't suddenly become real, right? It felt weird, like it's supposed to mean something...

You landed on a building near the railway. The city was always lit up around this time, you could probably see it from space, like stars on a planet.

You took out the pocket watch and held it in your claw. You don't really remember anyone giving you one of these, especially how old these are by now. The year was in the 2100s probably, that means this thing could be over 500 years old.

Why are you even holding on to this stuff? Sure, it had your name on it, so it probably belonged to you. But then again, it's broken, why should you keep it?

"Maybe this thing has something to do with time?" You asked yourself. "But what kind of time does this mean? Something's coming?"

You looked and the cracked glass of the face with your reflection staring back at you, its hands stood exactly at 3:27 AM. You tried to move the hands by adjusting the time, but they didn't move at all, as if they are stuck forever like that.

"Am I really just overthinking this?" You sighed. "Or am I just talking to myself again?"

You groaned. Perhaps you are insane after all, why are you doing this? It's just a broken pocket watch, there's nothing special about it. You threw the item overhead the opposite way you're facing and then sat down over the edge of the building.

.

.

.

*Bonk!*

"Ow!"

You rubbed the back of your head. Sure you may have a quirk that makes you almost invincible but that doesn't mean you can feel pain.

You turned around to see what was thrown your way. And the pocket watch was lying right a few centimeters away from you. Looking around, it doesn't seem like anyone was there to throw it back.