Chapter 45 Death's Whistle

"PLEASE!!" The thug on the floor screamed at a small girl with a yellow X on her visor. "I've got a wife, 2 kids and a loving family!"

.

.

.

You rolled your eyes. "Really?" You grabbed him with your claw and pinned him against the wall. "I'll tell you a secret." You moved closer to his ear. "I don't have a family anymore." His eyes widened in terror as you plunged a sword through his stomach.

You pulled it out and shifted the sword back into a hand.

"Location number 21, done." You tapped a button on your visor. A date appeared in the top right corner. "In just 2 weeks, not bad I guess." You stretched and yawned. "Guess that's it for tonight."

You flew out of the building through a broken window and into the dark night sky. Do you like this idea of going around and hunting down criminal groups? To be truthful, yes. It makes you feel like you're doing something good and actually changing society for the better. No crimes, no bad things right?

Of course there was this whole 'kill everyone' thing but they kinda deserve it due to the path they took, or at least in your perspective.

Anyways, where should you sleep tonight? It's a big city after all. The city bridge? Na, you don't want to end up falling into the water. What about a train tunnel? Actually forget it, it's a stupid idea to begin with. The public park? You could find a place to sleep for the night there, it'll make you look like a homeless person so no one would take a second thought.

'Public park it is.' You thought.

The park had a couple of streetlamps, lighting the way for any midnight walkers. There isn't anyone there though, it's currently 11:46PM, everyone went home for the day.

You landed near a tree and decided to sleep there. You sat down, taking off your visor and wrapped yourself in a blanket with your webs. You didn't want to sleep upside down tonight, it'll look too obvious to someone if they're looking for you.

.

.

.

Ok maybe you shouldn't have stayed up that late. You can feel your whole body getting tired, but your eyes aren't making it easy for some reasons.

You felt the cold air push against your webs from inside your cocoon, the leaves from the trees danced in the wind. You can hear the clock in the distance ringing the sound of midnight. But then the sound suddenly stopped mid-ring.

'That was weird.' You opened your cocoon to look outside to see what was going on. And as if you were in a dream, the whole world stopped spinning...

The trees were still, the water near the pond was calm, the leaves were stuck mid-air.