52

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" But this is the big responsibility, Samuel! " I said as I followed him who was walking with his long strides while I jogged trying to keep up with him.

" It is and I hope you do better in this " Samuel said while giving me a smile as he turned towards me for a split second before turning away making his way towards the office.

" I will mess up with it! " I said genuinely while closing the door behind me.

" I will correct your messes. " He said while setting his coat on the chair before sitting on it.

Why is he so adamant to make me his Luna?

" Fine! " I said as I sat on the chair, which is in front of him, while crossing my arms over my chest with a pout on my face. I know it is cringe, but I can't help it.

" What? " I asked him who was looking at me with his raised eyebrows as he furrowed his forehead.

" What are you doing here? " He asked while giving me a frown as he flipped back his hair which was falling on his forehead.

" Sleeping! " I told him sarcastically while giving him a grin.

" Oh really!!! Didn't someone said that they will help the om---- "

" Oh Shit!! Thanks for reminding me " I said out as I scrambled away from my chair and dashed out his office room while I heard a ' careful ' from the background.

I rushed to the kitchen, my heart pounding in my chest as I ran while huffing. I could hear the omegas laughing and joking in the other room and I knew I was the last person to come there. The omega's turned towards me once I entered the kitchen and huffed out.

I should really start my fitness.

" Thanks!! " I said to the Omega while panting who was kind enough to give me the water, I took the glass from her hands and gulped it down my throat. I placed the glass on the counter a little harshly while giving the omegas a sheepish smile for which they giggled out.

" Now what should I do? " I asked while wearing gloves on my hand as I twisted my wrists dramatically just as I saw in ghost doctor drama. An old lady came near me, smiling, while saying,

" Luna, tomorrow our pack Childrens are going to another pack to save our race, and it's our belief that the moon goddess safeguards them till they enter our pack. So, every time as a gratitude the Luna of the pack makes something special and offer it to our goddess as a sacred food! If our senior Luna was there here, she would have guide you, but she and senior Alpha were in another pack to save the packs from rogues, so she couldn't guide you. But she already told me to guide you and she promised that she will definitely join you the next time. " The old lady said, and I smiled thinking about his mother.

I heard many things and stories about her. Her strength and love were no joke. Luna's anger and love are two of her most defining characteristics. She is fiercely loyal to her friends and family, and she has a quick temper when she feels someone has wronged her or someone she cares about. However, she is also capable of great love and compassion, and she is always quick to forgive those who have wronged her. Her anger and love are both a part of what makes Luna who she is, and they are two of the things that make her such a special person.

The omega nudged me as I came out of my trance, she signaled me to start, and I gave her a quick thumbs up before I selected some ingredients and kept it on a side before taking a clean bowl. I still remembered the incident which happened when I was like 17 years old, a lady who was a complete stranger to me has thought me how to cook my first sweet recipe.

I was on the same mountain where no one used to come, it was like a safe place for me when everyone avoided the mountain. I was crying badly hiccupping uncontrollably sitting under the tree. I was hungry but didn't want to go back, I was scared of my pack who were abusing me. My stomach was growling as I didn't have any food for almost 4 days.

I tried to sleep there ignoring my stomach which was protesting. I folded my arms and rested it on my knees and placed my head on my hands. My hiccupping's were not stopping as I couldn't stop my cry. The weather around me changed suddenly as I felt the air around me getting heavier. Something is going on around me and I am too afraid to look up.

" Ama!! " I heard a soft voice whispering out my nickname which wasn't used from last year. I came out of my LaLa when I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. And I don't know from where I got the sudden courage from, I looked up slowly towards the person who called me.

" Why are you here dear? " I heard her soft gentle voice while her eyes were glinting with little sparks. Maybe I am dreaming or maybe my eyes should be checked. And then I looked at her up & down who was wearing a white dress which was dangling in the air as her hair swayed in the air.

" What happened dear? You were lost somewhere! " She asked me as she ran her palm on my cheeks making me coo in her touch as I leaned more in her palm. She chuckled out as I purred out. I am not a dog for your kind information.

I was embarrassed and came out of my trance as I flinched back when I noticed her eyes which were glowing in anger when she saw my state. I was confused. Will she hit me, just like them? Will she abuse me after showing her pity on me?

 Will she hit me, just like them? Will she abuse me after showing her pity on me?