108

Third person Pov: -

" What's going on here? "

The atmosphere in the pack mansion was tense as Samuel made his grand entrance, his voice booming through the halls. The witches, who were once playful and carefree, immediately stiffened upon seeing their alpha. With a smile on their faces, they bowed respectfully as Samuel made his way down the stairs, the trio trailing behind him.

As Samuel turned to address Meera, his tone was sharp and commanding.

" Behave as a guest! Don't order around when it concerns matters of my pack, do you understand? " Meera bristled at his words, giving him a death glare in return.

" Since when did I become a guest in this house? Sam, weren't you the one who told me that I am a part of this family, a part of this pack? " Meera's voice was laced with hurt as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. Samuel's expression turned cold as he leveled a dangerous look at her.

" Is it because of that Amaris? Isn't she the one who corrupted you? Before she came, we were so close. Everyone, even the priests, used to say that I am your mate, your beloved... " Meera's voice trailed off as Samuel growled, baring his canines in warning.

" Don't you dare! One word against my Luna, and I will throw you in the dungeon and show you who the real me is, " Samuel's dark voice scared Meera as she quivered under his gaze, taking a step back.

" You can't seriously be choosing her over me, after all we've been through? " She cried out, her voice laced with desperation. As Samuel towered over Meera, his voice lowered to a dangerous growl.

" You have no right to question my decisions, Meera, " he said.

" Amaris and I are meant to be together. We were chosen by our goddess herself. You are not even a werewolf to start with, to know how this bond between us feels like. You are a human, so be like that without interfering in our life. Senior Alpha is seeing matches for you, once we find a perfect guy for you, you will be wedded immediately. Until then, stay in your fucking limits. And I will not tolerate any disrespect towards her or our relationship. "

" Please, Samuel, " Meera begged, tears streaming down her face.

" Don't do this. You know how much I love you. We were so close. We can work this out. "

When Samuel stood unfazed of whatever she said, Meera turned towards Luna who was standing behind Samuel.

" Luna please say something, you know I can't live without Sam, I don't want anyone Luna, I only want him, please convince him he will listen to you! " But Senior Luna shook her head sadly.

" I'm sorry, Meera, " she said.

" No one can change the fact that Amaris is his mate. It was fixed by our goddess herself, and even I don't have the right to separate them. Don't worry, Meera. I will choose a perfect groom for you. We are searching for him throughout the human world, and I'm sure someone will come who will love you more than... " Meera couldn't take it anymore. The frustration and pain were too much to bear, and she burst out in anger.

" Why can't anyone understand that I want only Samuel? " Meera interrupted, her frustration and tears spilling out. Samuel's expression hardened, and he took a step closer to Meera.

" Enough, " he growled.

" You need to respect our relationship and accept that it is over. You will marry the man we choose for you, and that's final. Any more disrespect towards Amaris or me, and there will be consequences. "

Meera felt her heart sink as she realized there was no arguing with Samuel. His mind was made up, and he was determined to follow the will of the goddess. She wiped away her tears and turned to leave the room, her heart heavy with grief.

But as she walked down the hallway, her mind began to race. She couldn't accept this. She couldn't accept that the man she loved was going to be mated to someone else. And she couldn't accept that she was going to be forced to marry someone she didn't love.

As she entered her room, she felt a sense of determination wash over her. She wasn't going to give up on Samuel that easily. She knew she had to fight for him, even if it meant going against the will of the goddess and the Council of Elders.

" You will be mine, " she thought with a smirk on her face.

" And I will never back down from this. "