141

~ Amaris Laurier Pov ~

"Finally, Sam, we will be out of this pack soon, yay!" I cheered excitedly, hastily dumping all of our clothes into the open suitcase. 

"Calm down, Sugar! Be careful!" Sam warned softly, his eyes fixed on me as I bounced around the room with unbridled enthusiasm.

"Stop lying on the bed, come and help me!" I whined playfully, a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. I grabbed a nearby towel and tossed it at him, hoping to entice him into action.

"I am not lying, my love," Sam replied, a flirtatious tone lacing his words. 

"I am simply taking a moment to pray for the strength you'll need for what comes after the Luna ceremony." His words hung in the air, and I stared at him with wide eyes and an open mouth, momentarily taken aback by his audacity.

"You're becoming quite the pervert, Mr. Carson," I exclaimed, a hint of laughter in my voice, unable to suppress the smile that played on my face.

"Well, my dear, it seems your enchanting presence has a way of bringing out the playful side in me. But I must admit, getting lost in your delightful company is a temptation I simply can't resist." He said winking at me.

"From where you are learning this?" I asked while rolling over the suitcase near the wall.

"From the books you are reading," he murmured playfully, his eyes sparkling with mischief. He lay innocently on the bed, his wide grin making me almost swoon at the sight of him. I took a sharp turn towards him, my voice tinged with mock indignation. 

"Who told you to touch my books?" I exclaimed, stomping my foot for added emphasis. 

"They are my treasure, and no one is allowed to tamper with them." He raised an eyebrow, feigning innocence. 

"Oh, come on," he teased, his tone full of charm.

"I couldn't resist the temptation to delve into the world that captivates you so deeply. I almost got jealous of that book," he murmured with a playful pout, but I couldn't help laughing as I playfully jumped onto the bed beside him.

"Come on, don't be jealous of a fictional world; you'll always be my real-life adventure!" I said, snuggling up in his arms. I comfortably placed my leg and arm over him, and he reciprocated, wrapping his arms around me. I nestled my head on his chest as he switched off the lights, humming a soft tune while gently caressing my hair.

"Zane!"  I called out while he hummed.

"I'm sorry for hiding my spirits from you!" I murmured with a slight pout.