80

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" Did you manage to locate the person who was responsible for sending all of these letters? " I queried him as I meticulously examined the photographs, my heart beginning to race wildly with anticipation.

]" No, my Queen, " he began, his black wings starting to move lightly in a graceful and fluid motion.

" Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, there were no traces of the person or group responsible for the killing of our people. The only thing that we have uncovered during our investigation are these notes that we have found. " I nodded before sitting on the bed as I sighed out frustratedly, feeling a sense of disappointment and defeat wash over me.

" Let's discuss this later, it's not like we haven't experienced this before, " I said, trying to assure myself. I thought that Dante had flew off, but he was still standing there, opening his mouth as if he was about to say something, but then closing it again.

" You want to say something? " I said while looking at him with a stern look.

" My Queen, umm... actually, " He cleared his throat, as I cut him off.

" You know that I hate when people stammer when I am impatient and frustrated, " I said, narrowing my eyes at him in annoyance.

He nodded quickly, understanding my frustration, before continuing. " My Queen, Angelina's health is not good! " He said, as my forms, who were sitting peacefully back in my mind, suddenly started to become panicked.

I examined him for a moment before laughing nervously.

" This is not the time for pranks, Dante, " I said, hoping he would laugh along with me.

However, I saw that he remained as serious as before. I stood up from the bed and walked towards him, who was still looking at the ground.

" What happened, Dante? Is she alright? " I asked, my voice filled with concern.

My eyes began to change color and my claws started to extend as I yelled, " Say something, dammit! "

He kneeled on the ground as he closed his eyes before relaxing his mind. I took my right hand and placed my thumb on his head, closing my eyes as I began to use Bella's power without thinking about the potential consequences. In that moment, I saw a flashback of their past experiences.

 In that moment, I saw a flashback of their past experiences