96

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" Spade, you can't kill me like this, I am your Luna for God's sake! " I yelled out, hoping to reason with him. But Spade only smirked, his eyes fixed on the screen.

" I can, and I will! " He said confidently.

" How can you do this, you betrayer! " I shouted, frustration and anger boiling inside me.

" Weren't you the one who suggested to do this? " He taunted, before stabbing my character again. I groaned out in pain, my virtual body writhing on the ground.

" Spade, my brother, please don't do this, " I begged.

" If you stab me one more time, then that will be my end! Please! " But Spade only grinned wickedly.

" Well, then this is your end! " He said, plunging his virtual weapon into my character once more.

And just like that, the words 'Game over' flashed on the TV screen, accompanied by the sound of my frustrated yell as I threw my joystick beside me. He gave me a smirk before digging into his noodles, and I let out a huff before taking a bite of mine. I couldn't help but glance at the screen and my unfinished game.

" Spade! " I called out, trying to get his attention.

" Hmm? " He responded, looking up from his food.

" We should play this game, but it requires three players! " I exclaimed, pouting slightly. Spade chuckled, taking the remote from me and scrolling through the game selection.

" Why don't we play something else instead? " He suggested, but I was adamant about playing the game.

" But I really want to play this! " I protested, snatching the remote back and scrolling up to the game.

" Then go and bring your mate over! " Spade retorted, taking a sip of his water.

" That's a great idea! " I exclaimed, tossing the joystick onto the sofa and jogging off towards his office.

" You better be here when we get back! "

I sprinted up the stairs to Zane's office, my heart racing with excitement as I anticipated a fun afternoon playing with him and Spade. Bursting through the door, I expected to see the cheerful smile of my mate, but instead, I was met with the sight of Meera sitting there. My mood soured instantly, and I scowled before turning on my heel to leave. However, Zane's voice stopped me in my tracks.