88

* * * * * * * * * * 

Phoebe.

In the middle of the night, there was a rustling sound behind the little witch. A massive figure was standing behind her, who was softly snoring. The figure was chained to a boulder in the middle of a barren wasteland, and its towering stature and chiseled physique were breathtaking to see. The figure was covered in scars and bruises, showing evidence of the regular punishment it had endured. The chains clanked with every slight movement, echoing throughout the desolate area.

Its white wings, though tattered and torn, were still magnificent. They were the purest white and in stark contrast to the grim surroundings. The feathers were arranged in a way that created a halo around the figure, emphasizing its divine beauty.

Despite the pain, the figure's face was peaceful, as if in a deep slumber. However, a faint stir disturbed its sleep and its eyes fluttered open, revealing piercing blue eyes that seemed to pierce the soul. It took a moment for the figure to adjust to its surroundings, but once it did, it tried to move, testing the strength of its bonds.

However, as he tried to move again, he felt a stirring figure against his hard chest and looked down to see the little witch who was sleeping soundly and snuggling further into his embrace. The little witch reminded him of his own child, and in an instant, he wrapped his wings around her, preventing the harsh cold air from touching her delicate skin. He watched her for a moment, taking in her innocence and beauty, and he felt a sense of protectiveness towards her. He had no idea how she came to be in this desolate place, but he vowed to keep her safe from any harm.

Gently caressing her soft skin with his bruised hand, he took in a deep breath, catching a faint scent of something sweet. He closed his eyes and sniffled the air, trying to locate the source of the aroma, and soon he felt something soft touching his nose and hair strands tickling his skin. He opened his eyes to see the little witch who was sleeping soundly, her emerald, green eyes closed and her face peaceful with a little snore.

For the rest of the night, he watched her, fascinated by her every movement as she made different faces in her sleep. He sat back, leaning against the rock, without making any noise from the chain, lost in thought about her. He was so absorbed that he did not realize the sun rising until he saw her stirring and groaning, her hand shielding her eyes from the harsh rays. In an instant, he spread his wings to form a shield between her and the sun, but it was too late. 

Her emerald, green eyes fluttered open, and she gasped in surprise, taking in her surroundings. The angel watched as the little witch quickly removed herself from his embrace and stood on guard, ready to defend herself.

The little witch was in awe of the massive figure and his divine beauty. She could not understand how such a magnificent being could be held captive in such a desolate wasteland. She felt a sense of protectiveness towards him and was determined to find a way to set him free. 

" Who are you? " She asked softly, sensing no threat from him.

He was silent for a moment, taking a deep breath as if he was gathering his thoughts. The little witch could see the effort it took for him to speak, and she sensed the immense pain he was feeling. She wondered how long it had been since he had last spoken and what had happened to cause him so much pain.

Finally, his voice barely above a whisper, he said, " Angel. " The chains clanked against the boulder as he shifted his position, looking down at her with piercing blue eyes.

The little witch was taken aback by the simplicity of his answer, but she sensed the depth and power behind it. She looked at him, trying to see beyond the scars and bruises to see the angel he was. She wondered what he was guarding and why he was chained up, about his past and how he came to be in that place, and about his family and if he had any children or if he missed them. She felt a sense of comfort and security as she looked into his protective eyes.

" What happened to you? " She asked softly, lowering her sword and hoping to understand the pain he had been through.

" It's a long story, " he answered simply.

" Well, since I'm stuck here with you, why don't you tell me? " She said, sitting down and looking at him with full of curiosity.

" You won't understand, kid, " he said with a chuckle, cracking his neck with his closed eyes. The young witch craned her neck to follow his every movement.

" Why won't I understand? You know I am one of the best witches in this magical world. None of the witches can stand up against me! I was awesome and this sword was given to me by the heavens when I defeated the witches who tried to beat me, " the young witch said, standing up while twirling and creating sparks around her, showing off her sword techniques in a fanciful manner.

" I am not impressed by those moves! " He said with a challenging look and a chuckle, folding his hands together as the chains jingled with every movement he made.

" I haven't even shown you my best moves yet. These were just trials. Wait for my ultimate move, " the young witch said confidently.

The angel looked at her with amazement. " Well, I'm sure you don't have much in your cup, " he provoked with a mocking smile.

" Is this a challenge now? " The young witch asked, looking at him with narrowed eyes. He nodded with a challenging look.

" Well, bring it on! I was born to face challenges, " she replied, ready for the challenge.