61

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

Someone coughed before we broke our eye contact. I stood there and saw Spade who was covering his smile while folding his hands on his chest as he glared at both of us.

" What? " Zane growled at him for which Spade rolled his eyes at him.

" Calm down wolf, let's move now, the carriages are ready to move, and everyone are settled in it only we are lagged behind, so let's move. " Spade said while fixing his hanbok while messing his hair.

Zane nodded before standing while swamping his hair back.

" I know what is going on but try to act like a couple in front of the pack, our senior Luna has her spy's who are going to stalk you both tonight. " Spade said as we both nodded.

" Let's move we need to hurry! " Chase said while coming out of his room, while fixing his sleeves.

" Didn't you bring my sister! " Zane asked while death glaring him.

" How can she miss her best friend's first ritual in this pack? She is going to come there and after this event she is going to stay here for almost a year, I guess. " Chase said while hiding his smile.

" Why is she coming here? I mean she is busy right? " Spade said with a frown.

" I don't know anything about that! Just ask your sister when she comes there. And now let's move. We don't have all day. " Chase said walking away but I can feel his grin which entered his face after he turned away as he walked towards the main door.

Zane looked at Spade for a moment before they both shrugged at a time before they started to walk. And I rolled my eyes at them before taking hold of my hanbok both the sides before lifting it and jogged towards them to match their steps.

We all stepped out of the mansion as the cool breeze hit my face. The carriage was ready, and I saw every one of my pack members who were sitting in the other carriages as I saw some young people who were taking the pics and made a fun atmosphere there. I looked away from there as my eyes met with a pair of eyes who was pointing at someone secretly. I turned and looked at the person before I nodded at him.

" Come fast will Ya? " Spade said who was standing near the entrance with Zane.

" Coming wait! " I said before I walked towards them.

Before I came Spade entered the carriage. As I was about to enter, it took some time while trying to hold my hanbok with one hand and trying to climb inside while holding the holder. Those stairs had a huge gap between them so it's difficult for me to enter inside the carriage with my outfit.

Alpha Samuel was standing in the doorway of the carriage, his broad frame cutting off the view of the bustling street outside. He had his hands firmly planted on either side of the doorframe, watching me as I attempted to climb in.

He watched as I stumbled, my dress catching on the side of the carriage. He quickly moved towards me, his strong arms wrapping around my waist and lifting me effortlessly. He set me down gently and stepped back, his face a mask of stoic indifference.

I looked up at him, my eyes wide and full of surprise. He stared back at me, his gaze intense was unwavering. Neither of us said a word, the tension between us was palpable. After a few moments, Alpha Samuel finally broke the silence.

" You, okay? " Zane asked in a low voice.

"Yes," I said softly, with a nod. Alpha Samuel nodded and stepped aside, allowing me to enter the carriage. He watched as I settled in.

As soon as I settled in, he climbed in after me, the carriage door closing with a loud thud. He took a seat opposite side of mine and beside Spade, and we began the journey in silence. But despite the quietness in the atmosphere, I felt Samuel's gaze which never left me, and the intensity of his stare was almost too much to bear.

Why is our destiny planned like this? Like after our every fight something romantic things happen like this?

The ride to the temple went in a blur as I was eager to get out of this carriage. And then suddenly Spade's phone rang creating a loud sound disturbing the silent atmosphere. As soon as Spade saw the caller Id, he lifts it he started to talk before he kept in speaker mode.

" Hello? " Spade answered.

" Evening Beta! The girl whom you have joined is adamant to come with us to the temple. Our carriage and the carriages behind us are stopped near the pack mansion because of her. What should we do with her? " The pack member said it with a slight irritation.

Spade nudged Samuel to say his decision, for which Samuel nodded his head without looking away from his phone.

" You can bring her but be careful with her and come fast. We are near to the temple. " Spade said as he cut the call.

The carriage stopped as Spade stepped out before Zane also stepped out. I took my phone in my hand before taking a hold of my hanbok with my both hands. I seriously don't know how to walk in these types of dresses. Sometimes I want to leave it and just want to walk as the dress behind me will clean the place. But I am afraid of tripping and getting embarrassed in front of others.

Zane stretched his hand, and I gave my phone to him for which he rolled his eyes before plunging the phone in his pocket and forwarding his hands again. This guy is showing me his sassy side! Rolling eyes at me, huh! Let us complete this ritual then I will do his work.

Even though he is on the ground and I in the carriage, his large frame casting a shadow over mine. He reached out his hand, offering his assistance, but I ignored it, determined to do it in my own way.

Just as I was about to stumble, Alpha Samuel was there in an instant. He placed his hands on my waist before lifting me up and settling me on the ground. I could feel his strong, muscular arms around me, and the warmth of his body radiating through him. I looked up at him and saw the intensity of his gaze, the way he looked at me like I was the only one in the world. For a moment, my heart stopped and neither of us said anything.

We just stared into each other's eyes, until...