110

Flashback: -

Flashback: -

Meera was packing up her car when Damon's voice boomed from the other side of the phone.

" Meera, call me once you reach home, got it? " He said sternly.

" Yes, I got it! Now stop calling me for the nth time! " Meera replied, rolling her eyes.

" He is literally tracking your phone, Meera! Get away from him before he becomes obsessed with you! " Spade chimed in with a snicker, earning a death glare from Damon.

" But why are you so late today? It's almost 12:00 AM! " Samuel asked, noticing the time.

" Well, I was designing a dress that I started a month ago, and today, to give it a finishing touch, I overworked and didn't notice the time! " Meera explained as she headed towards the driver's seat, switching on the engine.

" You should be careful, Meera. This isn't our pack where you can freely roam around. It's the human world, and all those humans are monsters! " Damon warned, his voice laced with a growl.

" Excuse me! Even I am a human! And don't you dare say a bad word about my kind or-- " Meera's words were stopped abruptly by Damon.

" Or what? Ignore me? Kick me? You only know this, and-- " Damon was interrupted by Meera ending the call with a frustrated huff as she stepped on the accelerator and let the car roar.

" Hello? Hello! What the fuck, she cut my call? " He muttered under his breath.

Damon hissed while trying to call her again, but she wasn't responding. Frustrated, he smashed his phone on the ground.

" This would have never happened if you had told her the truth! " Samuel chuckled as he headed towards the pack papers.

" I didn't want her to freak out! " Damon sighed, slumping back on the couch.

" When are you planning to tell her that she is your mate? " Spade asked, sitting beside Damon.

" As soon as she comes to the pack! " Damon said firmly.

" Let's see about that! " Spade snickered as Damon threw a pillow at him, but with Spade's quick reflexes, he managed to catch it and cuddled it close to him.

" I don't know why I'm getting this uneasy feeling, " he muttered to no one in particular, his frustration growing.

" Where are you going? " Samuel asked Damon who was walking while hissing.

" I want to clear my mind! My wolf is panicking and he's making me feel like crap! " Damon said before storming off and transforming into his wolf form as soon as he was outside the pack mansion.

Meanwhile, Meera was driving down the highway, enjoying the soft melody playing in her car. However, there was a small pout on her face as she thought about Damon.

" Damon should have confessed to me, " she said to herself.

" I was waiting for him to say those pretty three words, but every time I expected him to, he just tried to distract me. And let's not forget about his controlling nature. " Meera couldn't wait to see Damon, even though she was frustrated with him.

" Anyway, in two hours I'll be near him, " she said to herself.

" I missed him so much, and as soon as I see him, I'm going to kick him right in his shin! No, wait, I can't do that. Our future generation will be in trouble. But I have many things to do! " She thought with an evil grin.

Meera's life took a sudden and unexpected turn when a truck appeared seemingly out of nowhere and collided with her car with immense force. The impact was so severe that her car flipped over, reducing it to a heap of mangled metal. As she tried to regain her bearings, she was overcome by excruciating pain that made it difficult for her to keep her eyes open.

Through the pain, her mind was fixated on Damon, and she repeatedly called out his name. However, before she could slip into unconsciousness, she caught a glimpse of a girl and a man covered in black smoke. The sight was harrowing and sent chills down her spine.

She tried to fight the encroaching dizziness, but it was too overwhelming, and she lost consciousness, falling into a deep slumber. The last thing she remembered was the unsettling sound of a girl cackling evilly while looking in her direction.

" Damon... "