98

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

As I lay in bed beside my sleeping mate, Alpha Samuel, the calm atmosphere of our pack enveloped me. The moon shone brightly through the window, casting a soft glow in the room. The silence was broken only by the sound of Samuel's gentle breathing. I hugged him tightly, feeling the warmth of his body next to mine, and gave him pecks all over his face, as tears gathered in my eyes without my realization.

Samuel's relaxed expression was a sight to behold. It was in moments like these that I was reminded of how lucky I was to have him as my mate.

" I love you, " I whispered softly to him, before getting up from the bed.

As I quietly slipped out of the bedroom and into the closet, I searched for comfortable clothes. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a grey hoodie. I slipped the hoodie over my head and zipped it up, then pulled the hood over my hair. I took one last look at my sleeping mate, then left the room, gently closing the door behind me. My heart was racing as I made my way down the hallway. I felt restless and needed to escape the confines of the pack.

The sooner I got out, the better.

I could feel my wolf instincts taking over as I ran towards the pack's border. My forms are ready to take action, and I began to create a ball of magic in my hand. It was a powerful spell that would make everyone within a certain radius faint for an hour. I knew that this was a risky move, but I was desperate to escape the pack.

As I approached the border, the guards watched me with confusion. They had never seen me act like this before. I could feel the ball of magic in my hand, ready to complete its effect, but before I could aim it at the guards, I heard a fierce growl that shook the ground. It was Samuel.

" Stop there, Amaris! " He barked.

My heart raced as I forced my legs to keep moving forward. I knew that I had to complete the spell before Samuel could stop me. My eyes were set on the guards who were blocking my path. I aimed the ball of magic at them, hoping that it would take them down. The spell hit its target, and a couple of the guards fell to the ground, while others managed to escape my attack.

" Fuck! " I cursed under my breath as I realized my magic had failed to take down all the guards.

I knew that I had to be quick before Samuel could catch up to me. I began to create another ball of magic, but before I could cast it, I was surrounded by the guards who had half-turned into their wolves. They snarled in warning but kept a safe distance between us.

" Stop playing around Luna, let's go back! " Samuel's cold voice cut through the tension in the air, and I turned to face him. His eyes bore into mine with a deadly warning. I stood my ground, with no emotions on my face.