142

~Third Person Pov~

The night air was cool as the trio sat on the doorsteps of the mansion, waiting for the car to arrive. Amaris leaned on Samuel's shoulder, humming the song she always hums, finding comfort in his touch. Samuel placed his hand on her shoulder, offering her warmth in the cool atmosphere. Spade rested on the suitcase in front of them, glancing at his phone and the empty road, patiently waiting for the driver to pick them up.

As they waited, the atmosphere was calm and peaceful. The stars twinkled above them, and the distant howls of the pack wolves added a sense of familiarity. Little did they know that this peaceful night would soon be shattered by a sudden and unexpected danger.

In the blink of an eye, the serene silence was replaced by guttural growls and the thud of heavy paws running on the ground. Out of nowhere, a group of werewolves were running towards them, baring their canines, and the trio stood up to face them. Amaris instinctively tried to call upon her spirits for aid, but to her horror, they remained silent and unresponsive.

Samuel, ever protective, attempted to transform into his powerful wolf form, but something seemed to be hindering his ability to shift. He gritted his teeth, feeling the struggle within him as the transformation eluded him. Even Spade, usually quick with his reflexes, found himself unable to tap into the strength of his werewolf self.

The night was alive with the sounds of snarling and heavy breathing, a symphony of danger that echoed through the moonlit clearing. The trio's every move was punctuated by the soft rustling of leaves under their feet and the distant howls of the pack wolves, seemingly adding to the intensity of the battle.

Amaris' movements were almost ethereal as she gracefully evaded the lunges of the possessed werewolves. Her senses were heightened, her mind focused solely on the task at hand. Her lithe figure seemed to flow like water, a dance of survival and skill. With each precise kick and well-timed strike, she aimed for the werewolves' vulnerable spots, exploiting their weaknesses and momentarily incapacitating them. Her eyes, once warm and comforting, now gleamed with fierce determination.

Samuel, a formidable force of strength, grunted with each impact of his powerful blows. He stood tall, his broad shoulders serving as a protective wall for his friends. The possessed werewolves snarled and clawed at him, but he held his ground with an unyielding determination. Muscles rippled beneath his taut skin as he used his immense strength to fend off multiple adversaries at once. His fists connected with bone-jarring force, but the possessed werewolves seemed unfazed, pushing back with equal ferocity.

Spade, the ever-resourceful strategist, was like a phantom in the chaos. He darted between the werewolves, avoiding their lunges with lightning reflexes. His eyes never ceased scanning for weaknesses in their formation, seeking any advantage he could exploit. He was the puppeteer, guiding the werewolves' attention away from his friends, leading them into clumsy positions. With an occasional flourish, he used debris and tree roots to trip his foes, buying valuable moments for Amaris and Samuel to strike.

The air was charged with tension and adrenaline, and the trio's breaths came in ragged gasps. They were fighting not only for their lives but also for the fate of the Blood Moon Pack. As they fought, a sense of unease washed over them. The absence of the Blood Moon Pack guards struck them as strange, as if the pack had vanished without a trace. But there was no time to dwell on it as the possessed werewolves fought with relentless ferocity.

Just as the trio began to feel overwhelmed, a sudden twist in the situation unfolded. A dozen of the werewolves abruptly transformed back into their human selves, their eyes wide with that black smoke. Before anyone could react, they rushed towards the trio and managed to restrain them, huffing and growling as they tried to chain them.