82

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

I opened my eyes as I took of my eye from Dante's forehead as I saw the flashbacks. I walked back from him giving him his personal space, before he stood up with a stoic face.

" Did you bring the needle. " I said to Dante as he nodded.

Dante closed his eyes and focused on the task at hand. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling his body relax and his mind clear. With a sense of determination, he balled his right hand into a fist, feeling the power and energy coursing through his body. He channeled that energy into his fist, summoning the needle.

As Dante opened his eyes, a small, thin needle appeared in the air above his palm, glinting in the light. I noticed that the needle was covered with a sticky liquid and quickly moved to the bedside table to grab a tissue. I rushed towards Dante and offered him the tissue as he carefully placed the needle on it. I then placed the tissue on a nearby table and began to tap into my witch abilities to cover our scents, ensuring that no one outside would be able to detect us.

" What did Jones' uncle say after he examined this needle? " I asked Dante as he came closer to me. I was curious about the results of the examination and wanted to know if there were any clues about the origin of the needle or the sticky liquid that it was covered with.

" It was a liquid that was created using Veratrum, silver, and wolfsbane, " Dante explained with a sigh.

" This liquid can knock out a demon, but it's also incredibly dangerous to werewolves. It's a miracle that Angelina survived. She's a white werewolf, after all. " I listened carefully to Dante's explanation, my eyes narrowing in concern.

" Did he find a remedy for this poison? " I asked, my voice filled with skepticism.

" If a remedy already exists, why would I risk my life by coming here? " He said with a scoff.

" Dante, as soon as you reach the pack, ask Tanvi to bathe Angelina with the spiritual water that is stored in our mountain. The water will work to cleanse her body and as a result, she will be covered in sweat. Additionally, make sure to grind the Mandrake herb and make it into a paste, then apply it to the area where the needle has pierced. Keep in mind that the area where you apply the paste will be in a lot of pain, as her skin will turn red and irritated. Make sure to tie her hands before applying the paste, as she will likely try to scratch it in her unconscious state. It's going to be unbearable, but it's crucial that she doesn't itch it, " I said, knowing the pain she would experience.

" And one more thing, be careful not to use silver cuffs to tie her hands. The silver in her body will react with it and put her in danger. So, be mindful of that, " I said as I turned around me.

I found the knife which is in the fruit's basket. I took the knife and kept it on my hand before cutting it as I gritted my teeth. I nodded to Dante as he came towards me before taking 3 drops of my blood and closing it in his hands. I closed my eyes and Crystal took over before healing my arm.

" We must be quick and efficient, " I said, pacing back and forth as I organized my thoughts.

" Angelina's wolf may become agitated due to the changes occurring in her body. That is why it is crucial that we insert my blood into the paste we will make before the sun sets. And, under no circumstances should the paste be removed until blood flows from the wound. " My mind raced as I listed out all the necessary steps to ensure a successful outcome.

" My Queen, I understand that your blood can stop her wolf for three days, but what happens after that? And why can't you come back? I will fight all these mutts tonight in order to free our people, even if it means risking my life. But please, come back to us. The demons in our mountain cannot survive without you. Jones' uncle, despite being injured and unable to stand on his own leg, is still taking care of Angel. There is nothing to eat in the mountain and Tanvi was almost killed by one of our demons due to hunger. All of your subjects are on the verge of death, and yet you still want to stay here, with these mutts. " Dante said with tears in his eyes.

As I prepared to respond to Dante, I was abruptly interrupted by the sound of frantic knocking on the door. My heart skipped a beat as I heard Samuel's voice, unmistakably urgent and insistent.

" Amaris, are you there? Open the door! " His tone was commanding, and I could feel his words reverberating throughout the room. In that moment, I froze, my mind racing with thoughts of potential consequences.

Will we be discovered?