64

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

I was glaring at that human who has such audacity to talk with my mate. But I felt the sudden chill in the air as Samuel pulled away from me. I felt so safe and secure in his arms, his strong and muscular body enveloping around me and his scent was like a comforting blanket. But now, I felt exposed and vulnerable, as if he'd taken all of my protection with him.

He was looking at the light, which is coming from the car in the darkness, its headlights momentarily illuminating the inky shadows. The light went off as the person in it stopped the car. The person came out of the car, and I saw the grin which lasted for a milli second on his face before it disappeared.

Alpha Samuel started to walk towards the person, and even though I couldn't see their face, I knew it was someone special. As the person stepped into the light, I saw the person, it was Rosie Carson, his beloved sister and my best friend.

Actually, not Rosie Carson, it is Rosie Chase Griffin.

The siblings rushed towards each other and embraced tightly; Alpha Samuel broke the hug before he twirled Rosie around in joy. I felt a rush of happiness as I watched their reunion. I couldn't help but smile as the two of them laughed, their joy tangible even from where I was standing.

Alpha Samuel and Rosie talked animatedly, catching up on the time they had spent apart. I could tell that the two of them had a special bond, a bond that could never be broken. I felt a sudden pang of loneliness as I watched them, wishing that I could have the same kind of connection with my own family.

The smile which rested on my face before has been disappeared, but I forced a smile on my face pushing the thought of my own family to the back of my mind. Rosie and Alpha Samuel eventually broke apart, and Rosie saw me standing in the shadows.

"Amaris!" she cried out, running towards me. She hugged me tight, and I felt my heart swell with happiness.

" I missed you so much Amaris! " She said as she hugged me tightly while I did the same, feeling a wave of happiness wash over me. It was so good to see her again after such a long time apart. I pulled back to look at her, taking in her familiar features and warm smile.

"I've missed you too," I said, smiling back at her.

"It feels like it's been forever since we last saw each other." She said with a dramatic expression.

"It has been forever!" I acted along with her with a same dramatic expression before we both laughed out as Chase and Samuel joined us both.

" Well kids, shall we start moving? " Samuel said while he walked behind me as Chase walked behind Rosie.

" Of course! I am so excited to go there. " The human lady said.