119

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

Ugh, it's midnight and I can't even get a damn wink of sleep! I mean, seriously, what's the point of having a mate if he's just going to ignore me and act like a complete jerk? I'm so sick of his stupid witchcraft nonsense. Like, why would he even think that I would give up all my secrets just because some dumb witches are trying to torture me? I'll never tell them anything, even if it kills me!

I gazed out at the night sky and let out a deep breath. Let him ignore me, I thought to myself. This time, I will do the same. My mind drifted back to the events of earlier that day. My mate had foolishly believed that he could use witchcraft to extract secrets from me. I knew that no amount of torture could make me give in. But holding back my spirits for so long had given me a splitting headache, and the exhaustion was starting to take its toll.

If only my stubborn mate had given me his blessings in our room, I could have slept peacefully. But instead, he had carried me bridal style from the witches' lair to our mansion, all the while maintaining a cold, hard gaze that sent shivers down my spine. I had snuggled into his chest, hoping to break free from his wrath, but he had deposited me on the bed and left for his office without a word.

As I swung back and forth on the balcony, lost in thought, I heard a faint rustling behind me. I turned to see my mate standing there, his arms crossed, and a stern look on his face.

" What are you doing out here? " He asked, his voice low and dangerous.

" None of your business! " I replied, my voice low as I slumped in the swing while closing my eyes with a frown.

" Don't you dare talk to me like that, " he growled, taking a step closer.

" Why wouldn't I? " I said sarcastically, opening my eyes and raising an eyebrow.

" Because I said so, " he said firmly, his tone unwavering.

" That's not a good enough reason, " I retorted.

" I don't care about a fucking reason, get your ass in the room before I throw you on my shoulder and take you in! " He threatened, his eyes narrowing.

" You can't talk to me like that. I'm not some child that you can just order around, " I retorted, shaking my head, refusing to back down.

" I can talk to you however I want, " he sneered, taking another step closer.

" I'm your mate, and you'll do what I say, " he added, looking down at me with a stern expression.

" Oh, so with that right you decided to perform witchcraft on me! " I said, scowling and looking dead into his eyes.

" Well, if you had opened your pretty little mouth, then it wouldn't have been like this. I would have supported you and protected you after I learned about that, but no, you had to exhaust yourself and your spirits. Don't you fucking know that resisting your spirits will take a toll on you? Or are you a kid to not know that shit? Forget it, even a kid knows better than to exhaust their spirit! " he said mockingly.