Chapter 19: Seth's Heartbreak

Seth's POV:
I blew it! I pour my heart out to Nikki and she shoots a symbolic arrow at it! I hate my heart for coaxing me into telling Nikki how I feel. Roman and Dean look at me I sleep my sorrow away. We arrive in Calgary for SmackDown but i'm not feeling the vibe of going.
Dean's POV:
The Shield is getting ready but I noticed one member is missing. I'm calling Seth but he doesn't answer his phone. I pace the arena floor wondering if I should talk to Stephanie. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see Vanessa I look at her worried! For the first time in over a year, Seth no shows. I freak out and Stephanie calls us into her office.
Stephanie's POV:
The Shield enters the office heads hung low. They sit down and I tell the stable that if Seth doesn't arrive by the main event they're fired! I dismiss the trio to get a hold of Seth.
Seth's POV:
I'm not showing up to the arena! I can't bring myself to go. I hear my phone buzz and it's a text message from Vanessa begging me to come to SmackDown. I shrug and go to the balcony. Dean and Roman FaceTime me. I'm not in a great mood but I text the one person I know will snap me out of this funk i'm in.
Bayley's POV:
I'm in Florida for NXT! I just finished a match with Becky Lynch when I look down at my phone to see a text from a heartbroken Seth. I text him back asking if he wants me to get to Calgary. I wait for a reply. An hour later, I get one saying nope. We text back and forth for hours then we say goodbye. I get my stuff and head to the hotel.
Seth's POV:
I get to the arena as a divas tag team match is going on. Three sets of arms are hugging me. It's Dean, Roman and Vanessa! Thank goodness Bayley and I had that conversation on tex message. I enter Stephanie's office relieved that we're not fired I apologize to her and I get ready for the main event an eight person mixed tag team match.
Dean's POV:
As we made our way through the crowd, we noticed a few engaged couples. The Shield hopped the barricade and made our way to the ring. Vanessa entered through the back. As we awaited our opponents we get the feeling that they were going to be tough. 3MB enter first shocker I think to myself. What we didn't expect was Bayley from NXT to partner with Drew, Jinder and Heath. We let the divas go first.
Vanessa's POV:
Bayley and I start the match it's crazy how we started the match. I'm impressed with how I match up with the NXT Diva. I tag in Dean that also means Drew has to come into the match. It was a back and forth match with a lot of tags. Towards the end of the match, Roman and Jinder are going head to head when we hear a roar! It's Roman setting Jinder up for a spear. He runs and hits a monster spear. I jump as Seth and Dean hug me. We won the match! As the celebration happens in the ring Bayley looks at Seth glum.
Seth's POV:
I look a Bayley who is sad about the loss. I'm walking over to the NXT Diva and I hug her. We offer Bayley a lift to the Calgary air port. After we say goodbye to the NXT Diva. Bayley hugs us and we leave.