Chapter 42: Together

Vanessa's POV:
I'm backstage with Zack and Mojo to go over plans for a prom. Zack looks at the dementions for the arena and looks at me. We talk about Roddy Piper and Ronda Roussy. The arena starts to get full of WWE talent. Mojo leaves but Zack stays. We knock on the door of the TV office. Joey and Jamie invite me inside. The Authority scramble to put matches together and an idea comes into my mind. I leave and I race to the interview area and I pull Jojo to the side to talk. After Jojo and I part, I head over to catering to talk to John. As i'm walking Tyson Kidd shows up and we talk. After we hug, Tyson leaves and I find John in catering. I pull up a chair and we talk. As the pyro goes off in Madison Square Garden, I ask John to prom.
John's POV:
My best friend just asked me to prom. I answer with a yes! We head out of catering and to the gorilla poisson. I always wanted my best friend as my valet. I'm in a match with Randy and it's getting over with fans. I look at ringside and Vanessa has a huge smile on her face. I set Randy up for the AA but it gets countered by an RKO. I lost the match. As Vanessa enters the ring she has a microphone and she's dropping a pipe bomb on Randy.
Vanessa's POV:
As John watches me drop a huge pipe bomb on Randy the WWE Universe is grabbing on to every word I say. Good going champ I think to myself as I make my way to a very angry John.
John's POV:
I can't believe Vanessa would drop a pipe bomb on Randy! I pull her aside and i'm not happy. The conversation ends with me saying that we're not going to prom together.
Vanessa's POV:
I slide down the wall crying my eyes out. As superstars and divas walk the hall, I trip one on accident.
Cory's POV:
I look down to see what I tripped over. It was a diva's left leg.The diva offers her hand to help me up. I look at the crying diva and and I hug her.
Vanessa's POV:
After we break apart from the hug, we introduce ourselves Cory and I leave the equipment area and talk in his locker room. As Cory listens to my story, he interjects with a few things I can do to get ready for prom. First, he presents me with a red Diane Von Furstenberg dress. Next, Cory asked to be my date. I say yes. The Divas all congratulate me. Dean looks at me glum. As the main event happens, I think about taking off my engagement ring. The show ends and everybody goes to the hotel except for the decorating crew. Somehow a song gets sung.
Brie:
Hey yeah
Nikki:
Sometimes this life can seem too much
Brie:
Yeah
Nikki:
Sometimes I feel like giving up
Jojo:
And when I dont know how to find my strengh
Your right there taking hold of me saying

Divas:
Together
We can take on the world
Oh Yeah
Together
We can do anything
If we just believe
Together
You and Me

Lillian:
I'll be the one to take your hand
Whenever you are down

Vanessa:
I'll always be your biggest fan
And don't you ever doubt that
In times of laughter
times of tears
You just reach out, and we'll be here

Lillian:
Together we can do anything

Divas:
Together we can do anything If we just believe
We can take on the rain
We can survive the pain
We can be everything that we need to each other
Together we can do anything
Together
We can take on the world
Together
We can do anything If we just believe
Together
You and Me
After the song ends, the decorating crew leaves and gets ready. I'm in my hotel room with the Shield and i'm so glad that the guys are going stag. I present the trio with some boutiners. They group hug me. Sometimes I wonder about the bond between brothers from another mother I think to myself. As a knock on the door distracts me from my thoughts, Dean opens it to revival Cory. He has a red Diane Von Furstenberg suit on. That was the cue to give Cory his boutiner. Cory presents a corsage to me. I grab everything I need from the room. As the prom starts I can't help myself from feeling so bad that Dean, Roman and Seth went stag. Lillian and Justin were mandating the prom court voting. I went to place my vote for Prom Royalty. As the dance went on, Cory and I sat down. We look around at the roster and think about what we did before WWE. The moment of truth has arrived. The coronation of prom royalty! First, Duke and Duchess Zack Ryder and Eve Torres. Zack and Eve hugged. Next, Lord and Lady Seth Rollins AJ Lee. They skipped. Third, Prince and Princess Randy Orton and Brie Bella. They had a victory shot. That means prom King and Queen are getting announced. I look around at the nominees. And your prom King is Dean Ambrose. Dean walks up for his crown. And your prom queen is......... I look up at Nikki. Vanessa Stegall. I put my hands over my mouth and I start to cry. As the floor clears for the traditional King and Queen dance, Rosa blots my face. Lillian and Chris take the stage to sing a song.
I do swear that I'll always be there.
I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow,
for better for worse, I will love you with
every beat of my heart.
From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on
From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on
I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you
From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on
You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you
From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on
After the dance, Dean and I kiss. Cory looks at me smiling. The dance ends and Dean and I leave the floor.