Chapter 143

thursday morning

you laid flat on the bed, blankly staring up at the ceiling. every time you blinked your eyes stung. It brought you back to last night and your endless number of tears, now leading to your red and puffy eyes. soft music played in the background as a tea machine brewed. the smell of green tea filled your nose every time you breathed in only to sigh a deep sigh.

"are you sure you're okay y/n?" you heard. sitting up, your back was slightly sore for some reason as you stretched your arms over your head. "you don't have to tell me why you showed up crying, but you don't ever have to hesitate either."

"i know." you placed your elbow on your knee and rested your cheek on your fist. "sorry for the last minute barge in last night, and thanks for taking me in. must be a nuisance."

to that, momo turned around with a knowing look, smiling at you like you were crazy. "did you think i wouldn't?" she asked, a small laugh leaving her nose as she fixed her uniform. "and in what world would you ever be a nuisance?" you just shrugged, to which she laughed again before facing her mirror. "did the ice melt? should i get you a new ice pack?"

truth be told, the mere sight of the ice pack made you wanna cry all over again. showing up in tears and on the verge of a breakdown in front of momo's door last night was one thing, but it was another for your cheek to be marked bright red. it hurt to touch it, but it wasn't the pain itself that hurt you, it was from who caused it that made tears well up in your eyes again.

"momo..."

at your cracked and hurt voice, said girl whipped her body to you as quick as you are. her eyes widened when seeing you randomly sob into your hands. immediately she dashed to you and jumped on her bed just as you fell back on your back and continued to cry violently.

"y/n!" she slowly lifted you up and held you in her arms. moments went by of just you crying and nothing else. you felt her rubbing circles on your back as you stuffed your face in the crook of her neck, sobbing endlessly. just when you thought you were doing good handling your emotions, something like this had to happen to you. and with izuku of all people. izuku.

why?

"y-you always said i can share my burden.. right?" you said muffled, feeling momo nod her head. that mustered up your courage to sit up, and she reluctantly let you go.

"y/n.. i'm seriously worried for you." she voiced her concerns. she didn't take her eyes off you at all and watched you like a hawk as you tried to contain yourself. "is this about your dad?" you shook your head, making her nerves rise. "something else is doing this? you're going through too much.. and it's really scaring me."

you sniffed away the last of your constant tears, now just having stray ones that would drop every now and then. "if i tell you, you won't tell anyone else, right?"

immediately she nodded. "i promise. your secret's safe with me."

you sighed deeply, your lips trembling in the process. "l-last night.. i-izu-izuku and i.. we.. we got into an a-argument."

momo's eyes widened exponentially at your words. you and izuku getting into an argument? completely unheard of. and if it was making you cry like this, then it had to be a really bad one. just the thought of the most perfect and healthy couple momo knew finally have a negative breakthrough barely processed in her mind. she was sure you two would never leave that honeymoon phase. after all, you've been together for almost a year now, and just now you were having your first argument?