It's here!

Origin story

Sorrel: *walking outside with Akumo*

Akumo: What are we doing out here? Seems odd to wake up early for a walk.

Sorrel: We're not here for a walk.

Akumo: Then what are we doing. *sees snow flake fall slowly to the ground* Hmm...winter starts today.

Sorrel: That's exactly why we're here now. Need your sword for this.

Akumo: My blade? What for?

Sorrel: A tree. A pine tree to be more specific.

Akumo: Can't you cut it down with ki?

Sorrel: And waste my energy for that? Nah. We can just use your strength and a tool.

Akumo: Hmm.

Sorrel: C'mon, you barely do anything and we're out here now. This is your chance to get some air in the nice cold morning.

Akumo: Let's just find that tree already.

Sorrel: Heh, alright then. Say, what was your past like?

Akumo: Hmm...you just need to do one thing.

Sorrel: What is it?

Akumo: Only listen, and never repeat this story to anyone but yourself.

Sorrel: You have my word.

Akumo: *sighs as he remembers* There was a strange shadow figure that greeted me when I was a weak and thin child. The shadow offered me the path to power, shelter, food, everything I needed to survive in our planet. Before I can even think or ask my parents, I agreed with the shadow. It took me in and started training me. I hated my mentor and wanted to see him bleed and draw its last breath. Every time I thought about it, it just laughed at me, angering me even more. Its training was...cruel, but without it I would never be like I am right now. Then it sent me on a journey for the most powerful blade in existence. Once wielded, the user would gain power like never before. If only I knew what the consequences were. It takes over your mind, almost as if it was killing you slowly. I endured the pain sure, but I couldn't control my body. The shadow laughed and laughed as it watched me kill my whole family. One by one, cry after cry, it was over. The blade took away the one weakness I had. My heart. As I look at my family's blood on my hands, I could only live with one thing: Regret. I wanted to slay mentor, but I saw nothing but...my shadow...

Sorrel: ... *kept walking*

Akumo: *sighs* Thank you for not saying anything. I'd rather not hear anything—?

Sorrel: *pats his back* This...is probably the only way I can comfort you.

Akumo: ...the pain is gone...but not my love for them will always stay with me.

Sorrel: Well said man...well said.

[AU]

Daiko (Prime): *walks around a forest as snow falls* Tree... *spots a pine tree and inspects it* Hmm...too short. *continues to walk*

Jakuna: We've passed the last fifteen other trees already! Just choose one so we can return to the others.

Daiko (Prime): Things like this take time Jakuna. Besides, it's nice to walk in this forest. It clears my mind from everything else. No fights, no enemies, no dangers, just you and this forest full of life.

Jakuna: Hmm...just find a tree Prime.

Daiko (Prime): Heh, alright Ms. Grumpy.

Jakuna: What did you call me?